Author Topic: Cindy is missing  (Read 2401 times)

Cindy is missing
« on: 13 October, 2008, 06:02:49 pm »
Since 6.30pm last night.  I last saw her bouncing around the garden at high speed with her brother Ozzy.  When called in for food at 7.00pm she didn't show up.  This isn't unusual as the next door neighbour often gives her a bit of chicken, so she sometimes doesn't come for food if she's had chicken.  But she didn't come in last night despite us walking around calling her.  I checked a couple of times in the night.  She didn't show up for breakfast and hasn't been seen all day.

I've been to all the neighbours and asked them to check their sheds/garages, and we've obviously checked ours.  It is very unlike her.

I'm pretty worried.  She's very cute, and friendly, and trusts people.  It would be so easy for her to be catnapped.  Apparently another grey cat has gone missing round here in the last few weeks.  She's only one year old.  Ozzy, her twin brother, is quite distressed.

She is microchipped, but won't wear a collar - she's managed to get every collar off within 10 minutes.

Not a good birthday present for tomorrow :(

Spinning, but not cycling...

Re: Cindy is missing
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:06:32 pm »
Sometimes cats can wander off for a few days.  The little buggers don't realise how much we worry about them.  She's probably fine, and will wander in after a few days, and then be surprised when you go nuts over her.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:07:20 pm »
Fingers crossed for you. I know how worrying this situation is from previous experience. Hopefully she'll turn up soon smelling musty from somebody's shed.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:14:48 pm »
Yes, fingers crossed here too. Also been in the same situation a couple of times.
It is simpler than it looks.

diapsaon0

• Advena ego sum in terra
« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »
Fingers crossed here too.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra

« Reply #5 on: 13 October, 2008, 07:30:41 pm »
Sometimes cats can wander off for a few days.  The little buggers don't realise how much we worry about them.  She's probably fine, and will wander in after a few days, and then be surprised when you go nuts over her.

Or in Lunar's case several months.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #6 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:08:05 pm »
FOUND!!!

Stuck in the garage at number 83!  Mr DS went round following up the flyers that we put through the letterboxes.  Third house produced a result.  She was terrified and wouldn't come out for a while, but she is now at home, fed, and asleep on the mat.  Ozzy is trying to make out that he doesn't care she's back, but he was obviously very distressed when she was gone.

That's all I wanted for my birthday tomorrow :) :) :)

« Reply #7 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:13:46 pm »
FOUND!!!

Stuck in the garage at number 83!  Mr DS went round following up the flyers that we put through the letterboxes.  Third house produced a result.  She was terrified and wouldn't come out for a while, but she is now at home, fed, and asleep on the mat.  Ozzy is trying to make out that he doesn't care she's back, but he was obviously very distressed when she was gone.

Big sigh of relief.

When we got lunar back, he hid behind a sofa for a few hours. His sister Roxy, who had spent weeks looking out of the windows for him, came in and smelt him. She went over to the sofa, snarled at him and went away. A few hours later they were washing each other's heads as though nothing had happened.

Happy birthday.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #8 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:16:51 pm »
Thank goodness for that. It's awful to have a missing pet.

A big HB for tomorrow!

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #9 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:20:37 pm »

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #10 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:22:39 pm »
It's awful to have a missing pet.

Surely, a missing pet is one you don't have?

Before I get my coat I'll just wish DS a VHB for tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #11 on: 13 October, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »
Thank you for the positive waves.

We had steak for dinner.  Cindy had some too, so I guess she'll elect to stay at home for a while!  She won't go more than a few feet from us at the moment.

I'm just so relieved.

« Reply #12 on: 14 October, 2008, 12:24:08 am »
Silly little furry bugger. Who ever coined the phrase, "Curiosity killed the cat" knew of what they talked.  Cat's are far too nosey for their own good.

Glad to hear that she's back, and I bet she'll be a bit more careful about where she wanders off to for a while!

Actually, it is rocket science.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #13 on: 14 October, 2008, 12:58:10 am »
Happy Birthday!

They do that, don't they. Glad there's a happy outcome.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #14 on: 15 October, 2008, 10:20:16 pm »
FOUND!!!

Good stuff

Been there and done that. And of course - he had to choose the garage of the neighbours who dislike cats to get stuck in.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #15 on: 16 October, 2008, 12:43:59 am »
 :)
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.