Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 3882254 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #775 on: 09 June, 2008, 01:25:09 pm »
[
You looked fine to me, first thing this morning. :-*

:o
was this supposed to be secret :-X  ::-)  ;)

I thought this as well :-\
Shhh!  ;)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #776 on: 09 June, 2008, 01:28:40 pm »
Yes, I was a newbie once. I was very slow, and I was wobbly...but I never did the things that are annoying me now!

It comes to all of us in time, dear... ::-)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #777 on: 09 June, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »
I had a first on saturday a 32 mile domestic en velo :-X There is no way I would ever get a tandem my ears would drop off.

alan

« Reply #778 on: 09 June, 2008, 02:59:15 pm »
I had a first on saturday a 32 mile domestic en velo :-X There is no way I would ever get a tandem my ears would drop off.

So if you had a tandem & she fell off,you'd think you had gone deaf ;D

« Reply #779 on: 09 June, 2008, 04:16:53 pm »

Ride harder; it'd be difficult to have a chat, let alone a domestic!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #780 on: 09 June, 2008, 04:43:17 pm »
Bootiful it was today. 62 miles to Minnis Bay and back on the shopper. Just to prove I can do it. Not exactly fast but it means I should cope with the FNRTTC next week. Fingers crossed.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #781 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:32:56 pm »
I've finally arrived home after many hours at the tender mercies of a company that appear to be called "Arriva Trains Wales Are sorry To Anounce"  >:(

Deffinately riding to the pub quiz tonight.  It's only a mile, but every little bit of enjoyment will be wrung from the journey, I assure you.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Maladict

« Reply #782 on: 09 June, 2008, 09:40:41 pm »
YES!!!

2 weeks of no cycling due to being run down by that post-BCM stomach trouble ends!

Only 11 miles but it was on the nice bike, weather was perfect, 0kts wind shown on the local weather station, 22 deg C.  I was going to take it easy, but you know what happens, so I averaged 28kph in the end.

Good job I can still ride a bike, since I've a 400 this weekend.  8)

steveB

« Reply #783 on: 09 June, 2008, 09:53:46 pm »
Only an eight mile commute to an allotment meeting at the town council offices.  

Unfortunately I mistimed the ride and headwind. I arrived hot and sweaty in cycling gear, sitting around the table in a warm room the sweat really started pumping out of me.  It was the first meeting that I have been able to attend, due to shift work commitments, since being allotment site rep.  I have always been 'apology for absence'

I wonder what they all made of the sixty year old cyclist that they had all met for the first time?

I know what I made of the local Tory councillor - Twat!  Why do people want to always make mountains out of molehills? ???

« Reply #784 on: 09 June, 2008, 10:00:29 pm »
Yes, did the school run with MiniQ on the tandem in the morning and afternoon.  Total about 6.8 miles. In the sunshine :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #785 on: 09 June, 2008, 10:01:54 pm »
Our first tandem pootle since returning from Wales and our mutual gutrot. Lovely warm evening initially, but a bit cooler after sunset. Just under 17 miles at 10.6 mph.

Had a good view of a fox and a barn owl, which we first spotted coming in high from our right with its undercarriage down - there was something in its talons. Then it swept low over the corn fields for another quarter of a mile or so and was gone.

Had a sea wall walk this morning which was really quite knackering - about 5 miles in the heat. The dog has learned to drink from a bidon. I just squirt the water into his mouth. He was led a merry dance by a pair of oystercatchers, who led him away from their nest and out onto  the mud.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #786 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:10:50 pm »
Commute on Loki.
Then did a trial run on the tractor with Rachel to her new school - she wants to ride there on her own tomorrow for the after school club. I am really not quite sure. (bit concerned about a lack of awareness and road positioning - needs work).
Then finally got out on Fred. Beautiful day, touch breezy. Went to the first gate on Craigowl Hill, then finished the usual circuit through Auchterhouse, Dronley and up into Templeton Woods before a fast run down to home. I am so unfit. Race on Wednesday (10 tt), meeting on Friday in St Andrews to which I shall ride. No chance of beating the clubs unofficial St Andrews to the bridge commuting record (33 mins - has to be done with at least one pannier) as there is a boozy buffet afterwards. And all this winds up to the club 10 next Tuesday.

So it was good to get out tonight but I really need more miles.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #787 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:43:34 pm »
Yes!

For the first time in ages, but the weather was so fantastic I had to go out. Only 10 miles, but as it was still boiling hot at 7, it was enough.

Marking? What marking?
Abnormal for Norfolk

annie

« Reply #788 on: 10 June, 2008, 10:50:00 am »
No.  Ran yesterday and did a cross country route today, just under 7.5 miles, yippee.  Legs completely covered in nettle stings and tingling like billyo.

vince

« Reply #789 on: 10 June, 2008, 10:40:16 pm »
16.6 miles. I really nice ride this evening with a friend who I've not rode with before, although we've talked about it for a while. I really should have been working but instead we took a back road to Farnah Green outside Belper and then up to Alport heights, before a fast ride to Shottle and back down to Milford. Lovely sunshine and great views (no camera tonight, sorry).

I might be over doing it at the moment. Combined with running a few miles this morning, I feel it in my legs right now. Why do I always try to pick up where I left off the previous autumn?  :-\

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #790 on: 10 June, 2008, 10:54:41 pm »
Because you stop in the winter? Keep up your 600 miles per month all the year round and you'll have no problem.

vince

« Reply #791 on: 11 June, 2008, 06:12:11 am »
Wise words, that I try to follow every year. I actually did one year and it made a huge difference, for whatever reason I haven't managed it for the last three though  :(

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #792 on: 11 June, 2008, 10:28:18 am »
15 painful miles round the usual route. Arthritis playing up in my hands, particularly the base of my right thumb. Very painful to change gear. :(

annie

« Reply #793 on: 11 June, 2008, 12:03:59 pm »
Sorry to hear about your aches Wow, have you been doing too much with your hand :-\ :o  No, not that kind of thing before you ask.

I have been out :)  confidence is returning, I just threw on my cycling things, grabbed a bottle and went, I didn't have long to get to school for an appt and the weather wasn't particularly nice but I went anyway, this is a huge step for me.  11kms in 20 mins, takes me about 10-12 minutes by car down the A14.  Very main roady and lots of respect from motorists :D

Coming back was a different pot of marmite altogether, 27 minutes into a life sapping wind, grinding away, gasping like a fish as the wind sucked the breath straight out of my mouth.  Hot and happy and very pleased with myself.  It wasn't far but this is a huge improvement in my mental strength for just getting on and going.

As always the kids were delighted to see me on the bike and JC was proud to see him mum cycling in yet again.

« Reply #794 on: 11 June, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »
Yes and no.

Rode to a sports equipt manufacturer I advise. Had meetings in my area of expertise. Then jumped on the bike in a trial room to test some kit riding on a turbo ;D. Trialled several options. It was hot. Then rode home; fast! Not a very long ride, but a nice effort nonetheless. I liked it!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #795 on: 11 June, 2008, 09:48:17 pm »
Yes. Took R to school on the Tandem. Well, to the end of the road 200m away so she could walk the last part without a parent around.

Raced tonight - 10 mile TT and GOT A NEW PB!!! YAYYYYY!

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

annie

« Reply #796 on: 11 June, 2008, 10:04:40 pm »
Yes. Took R to school on the Tandem. Well, to the end of the road 200m away so she could walk the last part without a parent around.

Raced tonight - 10 mile TT and GOT A NEW PB!!! YAYYYYY!

..d

Excellent, well done.

I am still tempted.  Need to work on my times first though I think.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #797 on: 11 June, 2008, 10:06:58 pm »
Sorry to hear about your aches Wow, have you been doing too much with your hand :-\ :o  No, not that kind of thing before you ask.

I have been out :)  confidence is returning, I just threw on my cycling things, grabbed a bottle and went, I didn't have long to get to school for an appt and the weather wasn't particularly nice but I went anyway, this is a huge step for me.  11kms in 20 mins, takes me about 10-12 minutes by car down the A14.  Very main roady and lots of respect from motorists :D

Coming back was a different pot of marmite altogether, 27 minutes into a life sapping wind, grinding away, gasping like a fish as the wind sucked the breath straight out of my mouth.  Hot and happy and very pleased with myself.  It wasn't far but this is a huge improvement in my mental strength for just getting on and going.

As always the kids were delighted to see me on the bike and JC was proud to see him mum cycling in yet again.

Well done on your efforts, Annie.

Regarding my hand, what do you have in mind? ::-)

annie

« Reply #798 on: 11 June, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »

Well done on your efforts, Annie.

Regarding my hand, what do you have in mind? ::-)

Ok, I have given this some serious thought :o smear with marmite, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge overnight.  Remove at 4.47am and observe changes.  If you still feel the pain then cover in peanut butter as well and pop back in the chill section for exactly 39 minutes.  If nothing else it will take your mind off the problem.  I hope this has helped you?  Now do you have anything else that needs sorting out? O:-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #799 on: 11 June, 2008, 10:16:32 pm »
Yes. Some virgins who like licking a mixture of Marmite and peanut butter.