Author Topic: What Internet radio app?  (Read 617 times)

What Internet radio app?
« on: 24 July, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
Every now and again, I fancy browsing through the musical cornucopia out there. Now I have the Bose bluetooth speakers, my phone is the weapon of choice.

I'm sure there are some good radio apps out there, I tried PC Radio (or some such) and that wasn't too bad, looked at this list http://lifehacker.com/5917063/five-best-internet-radio-services, wasn't too sure which to go for.

What I'm looking for is one that arranges stations by genre and has odd sort of genres - bossanova, chanson, world etc

Any good ideas?

Andrew

Re: What Internet radio app?
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2015, 09:18:52 am »
I use RadioTunes but it doesn't seem to offer the genre browse you want. Which is odd because it's predecessor, SkyFM, did.

There are apps that do though. I remember from when I was trialing them, I'm trying to remember the names. I recall being underwhelmed by most offerings.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »
TuneIn Radio is pretty good. I sometimes have the comedy or blues stations on when suffering from insomnia. You can get lost in all sorts of stuff.

Andrew

« Reply #3 on: 30 July, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »
My apologies, it's TuneIn Radio that I now use and prefer.

I once used Radio Tunes when I had a SkyFM subscription, hence my confusion over genre channels.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #4 on: 30 July, 2015, 09:56:43 pm »
TuneIn radio here as well. Seems to do the job. But I've not tried any others. I keep meaning to get round to sorting out Internet radio and podcast software.

The best nocturnal radio I've ever had was a valve set I rescued from a skip and repaired. Sadly no more. I suspect you can't buy valves any more!

ian

« Reply #5 on: 30 July, 2015, 10:01:06 pm »
Be relieved el Pancho, retro tech is very popular, and you can still buy valves.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2015, 10:01:47 pm »
TuneIn cos it's the one that appears in most of the products I work with and have at home.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #7 on: 30 July, 2015, 10:20:59 pm »
As it happens, TuneIn is the one I have been trying, does most of what I want, thanks all