Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 13069 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
The Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: 27 April, 2012, 08:28:27 am »
Who here eats sushi? No one eats sushi. Or chicken & cat curry.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Jakob

Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: 04 May, 2012, 11:27:22 pm »
Bah. He got it horribly wrong this time. Azhar may whine a lot, but he whines about the right things. Jade was a mess and would have won if she's bothered listening to him.
 I reckon they didn't want to fire any more women at this stage...
Tom (something with the name??) is very good. Clear favourite so far.

citoyen

« Reply #27 on: 05 May, 2012, 11:26:21 am »
Jade claimed Azhar only whined and didn't come up with solutions, but that was patently wrong, as the producers highlighted by then showing the clip of Azhar suggesting they distribute the stock 70:30.

I liked Azhar in the end. He seemed a bit shy, and clammed up every time the focus was on him - even when the focus was on him for good reasons (cf his reaction when he was PM and his team won convincingly). I suspect that's why Sugar didn't like him in the end.

Also, he couldn't fire yet another woman, could he?

d.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #28 on: 08 May, 2012, 10:33:16 pm »
Just watched the recording. Agree, Jade was awful. Worst PM of the series, by far.
It is simpler than it looks.

Jakob

« Reply #29 on: 09 May, 2012, 12:18:16 am »
even when the focus was on him for good reasons (cf his reaction when he was PM and his team won convincingly).

I thought his reaction was spot on, when he won. Adam and Co had just spent 5 minutes backstabbing him and was working against him the entire task and then they turn around and pretend they had anything to do with it.

citoyen

« Reply #30 on: 10 May, 2012, 11:26:04 am »
I thought his reaction was spot on, when he won. Adam and Co had just spent 5 minutes backstabbing him and was working against him the entire task and then they turn around and pretend they had anything to do with it.

Indeed. Made it a somewhat pyrrhic victory.

Enjoyed last night's instalment. Good to see Tom isn't infallible but he argued his case well in the boardroom - concise and sticking to the facts. Unlike Laura who spoke a lot without saying anything much.

The wrong team won though. Gabrielle and Steve are both rubbish and need to go. Although Steve would make for much amusement in the interview round...

d.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #31 on: 10 May, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »
Presume you mean Steve. Utter bell-end. The way he blamed everyone but himself when they got in the boardroom suggests a total lack of self-awareness -(it could be a smart dissembling game he's playing but I really don't think he's clever enough for that, so I'm sticking with lack of self-awareness). He's had several opportunities to get himself fired already. God knows how he's still there - his one and only skill seems to be the ability to pull the wool over his team leader's eyes.

Tom is going to win. He's this year's Stella - a calm voice of reason in the sea of madness.

d.

Damn, i was hoping he was going to have the smug grin wiped off his face for not giving the gin people a gin and tonic.  ;)

Jakob

« Reply #32 on: 10 May, 2012, 08:10:38 pm »

Indeed. Made it a somewhat pyrrhic victory.

Enjoyed last night's instalment. Good to see Tom isn't infallible but he argued his case well in the boardroom - concise and sticking to the facts. Unlike Laura who spoke a lot without saying anything much.

The wrong team won though. Gabrielle and Steve are both rubbish and need to go. Although Steve would make for much amusement in the interview round...

d.

Tom even took responsibility in the cafe, where most of them are busy ignoring each other.
Adam might be a sexist buffoon, but he can sell!.
Steve proved again that he's a tosser of the 3rd kind. ("Why don't we have him paint out the back!").
Gabrielle is nice, hardworking, creative, but doesn't have a single business bone in her body.
The only real unknown is Nick. I don't really think we've seen him under pressure yet.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #33 on: 12 May, 2012, 11:59:05 am »
Is Steve the one that looks like Beaker? He's on my list.

Adam, as Lord Sugar says, is learning as he goes.

Laura:
'It was the worst moment of my life': The Apprentice's Laura Hogg reveals father of her child was murdered while she was filming the show
Laura Hogg, 28, was filming a task when she was taken aside by programme producers and told Chris Lindsay had been beaten to death
The 34-year-old sales worker was killed in a street attack on the Costa del Sol
Apprentice star kept news secret from fellow contestants

It's a Daily Mail article, so I won't link to it...

Jakob

« Reply #34 on: 17 May, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »
The moment Ricky sent Jenna and Stephen to do the video, I knew they were doomed...although to be honest, I expected Stephen to take over/screw up the process, but he seemingly just let Jenna do that on her own.
At least it looks like he knows what Stephen is all about and unless they win next week, I expect him to be out :D

citoyen

« Reply #35 on: 17 May, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »
Jenna talked herself into getting sacked - things could have been different if she'd let Stephen take his share of the blame...  :facepalm:

d.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #36 on: 17 May, 2012, 11:57:45 pm »
It was billed as a good episode but it was a bucket of wank.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #37 on: 18 May, 2012, 06:37:49 am »
Now *that* would be a hard sell, but I reckon Adam could shift a few pails.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #38 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:13:59 am »
Stephen is a twat.  End of.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

AndyK

« Reply #39 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:34:56 am »
It was billed as a good episode but it was a bucket of wank.

It's got to the point where I only watch the sacking part of the programme on iPlayer.

Jakob

« Reply #40 on: 25 May, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »
This one got a little spoiled by iPlayer already advertising next weeks title as 'The last 5' (or something to that effect), so I knew 2 would be fired.
While I would never want Ricky on my team, he does carry himself well and I think he did awesome with the restaurant deals, even though they tried to blame him for not going that spa/resort...so it could only be Gabriella and Stephen.

Jakob

« Reply #41 on: 31 May, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »
Last nights episode was quite enjoyable. Adam is a good salesman, but his lack of 'general knowledge' finally caught up with him, as he completely fluffed this task. Why Nick was trying to get rid of Jade in the boardroom, I don't understand..

I think Jade and Nick will crumble in the interviews, Tom will mostly ace it, but Ricky could go either way...(He wont be able to blame anyone else in there)

AndyK

« Reply #42 on: 31 May, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »
Why Nick was trying to get rid of Jade in the boardroom, I don't understand..

Rule #1 of The Apprentice: Stab the strong competition in the back.

rogerzilla

« Reply #43 on: 31 May, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »
I don't think Tom is actually any good, deep down.  Nick has a lot of common sense but not much verve.  Jade would just drive you up the wall.  Ricky looks the strongest of the four, although I personally dislike him - on the other hand, I think he's also the one most likely to have a CV which is BS factor 10.

« Reply #44 on: 31 May, 2012, 09:19:34 pm »

d.

My wife watches, and I see parts. One does wonder how much of this is driven by the entertainment value of the candidates

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #45 on: 31 May, 2012, 11:23:17 pm »
Adam was kept in because of his entertainment value. It was clear from very early on that he wouldn't make it.

Tom talks well but doesn't listen. That will be his undoing.
Jade, well, Jade. That is all.
Nick will hide behind his cringe fringe. It's like a safety blanket and as he gets challenged he regresses behind it.
Ricky hasn't got conviction but is smart.

Looking forward to Sunday :)

citoyen

« Reply #46 on: 31 May, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
Tom talks well but doesn't listen. That will be his undoing.

Yup, I'd go along with this. In the last few weeks he's gone rapidly downhill in my estimation.

d.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #47 on: 01 June, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »
I'm placing my money on Tom and Jade.  Ricky is full of bullshit and Nick is a wimp.

I reckon Tom will edge it over Jade.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

rogerzilla

« Reply #48 on: 01 June, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »
I don't think Tom would appeal to Lordsugar.  Anyway, he unerringly picks the wrong one in the final, last year being an honourable exception.

Jakob

« Reply #49 on: 02 June, 2012, 12:11:37 am »
I wonder how big a factor their business plans are?
Toms (from last year) has seemingly done nothing with his chair-thing, but is instead doing more nail-files.

If it's a factor, then Tom & Ricky are the 2 most likely to put together a comprehensive business plan, which is why I'm not discounting Ricky.
On a more personal level, I would happy work with Nick & Tom, but not with Jade and Ricky. Their egos are simply too big.