Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 275112 times)

Clear blue skies And a warm sunshine here all day. I can almost believe it is summer  8)
the slower you go the more you see

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #1226 on: 18 September, 2019, 08:14:19 pm »
First grass frost of the year in the park by the river this morning.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #1227 on: 21 September, 2019, 01:46:12 pm »
It's warm & sunny in Liverpool , though windy.     Meanwhile Spain is being hit by severe flooding.  https://twitter.com/search?q=spain%20flooding&src=typed_query
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #1228 on: 21 September, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »
A contrasting week. Tuesday morning it was 4.4C when I got in my car. Today it’s been 22-23C for much of it, and although breezy the air has been quite balmy. Still sitting outside now, in the shade, in a T-shirt.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1229 on: 21 September, 2019, 07:09:33 pm »
Lovely week for us too.
However, as of just now
Bye bye summer.  It's been good.
See you next year.
 :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1230 on: 22 September, 2019, 01:02:05 pm »
We made it to 12 today. This morning was overcast, warm and very humid. Got the lawn cut and was contemplating lunch outside, when the light levels dropped enough to bring* on the kitchen night light! Now raining steadily.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1231 on: 22 September, 2019, 01:39:36 pm »
Local CTC sent email cancelling today's ride 'due to the weather'.
There'd been some rain overnight but it was dry.
Like rafletcher above, it got rather dark after midday, rained heavily but rain has mostly eased off now.
CTC are ageing; would not have cancelled ride for this a few years ago!

Chris S

« Reply #1232 on: 22 September, 2019, 03:19:27 pm »
You can't blame the CTC for that, blame the Met Office for unecessary warnings. Organisers of public events usually cancel events for weather reasons, because the Met Office have issued warnings; there's possibly an insurance reason for this, I don't know.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1233 on: 22 September, 2019, 04:56:05 pm »
I don't listen to the weather forecast but and was not aware that there'd been any weather warnings for Herts & Bucks.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1234 on: 22 September, 2019, 07:55:28 pm »
My Garmin was showing 24C today.

I was wearing short sleeves with my zip halfway down, and went past someone in long sleeves and wearing a balaclava
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1235 on: 23 September, 2019, 01:17:07 pm »

I was wearing short sleeves with my zip halfway down, and went past someone in long sleeves and wearing a balaclava

Possibly a bank robber?  Or I suppose the IRA may be making a come back...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1236 on: 23 September, 2019, 02:11:51 pm »
It rained!  First time in weeks, here, about 10 hours' worth overnight and a good heavy downpour this morning - most we've had for at least a month.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1237 on: 23 September, 2019, 09:11:16 pm »
About 40C in Phoenix on Friday.  Glad it was warm and sunny in leafy Surrey on Saturday rather than 12C and raining.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1238 on: 23 September, 2019, 09:22:31 pm »
About 40C in Phoenix on Friday.  Glad it was warm and sunny in leafy Surrey on Saturday rather than 12C and raining.

???  According to the Automatic Diary you're still in Tucson...
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1239 on: 23 September, 2019, 09:29:23 pm »

???  According to the Automatic Diary you're still in Tucson...

That's coz I went to Phoenix on Friday, Fort Larrington on Sat and Larrington Towers today and couldn't be arsed to unpack the laptop.  The final instalment will be posted as soon as I've drunk me tea ;D

ElyDave

« Reply #1240 on: 23 September, 2019, 09:55:50 pm »

Possibly a bank robber?  Or I suppose the IRA may be making a come back...

Very slow getaway vehicle, and a long way from the bank. IRA raiding spuds? Getting a bit hungry?

essexian

« Reply #1241 on: 24 September, 2019, 11:42:25 am »
Raining a bit in Yorkshire at the moment....poor U23's at the Worlds currently. I've just seen one come off and slide 30/40m down the road!

The coverage is also off air at the moment due, I suppose, to the weather!  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1242 on: 24 September, 2019, 11:49:05 am »
Barakta's hearing aid drowned in the rain earlier this morning.

ElyDave

« Reply #1243 on: 24 September, 2019, 12:01:53 pm »
time to ressurect the turbo trainer

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1244 on: 24 September, 2019, 12:06:51 pm »
Cdzzmc Jnr puts on coat and goes to do paper round. Comes back, takes off coat, goes to school.  :facepalm: I did warn him!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

« Reply #1245 on: 24 September, 2019, 12:08:16 pm »
I rode to the station and station to work in a giant poncho courtesy of Monsieur Decathlon, quite probably looking like a slowly mobile crime scene.

Considering the absolutely torrential downpour as I trundled along Southwark Road, I arrived surprisingly dry (other than damp shoes).

ElyDave

« Reply #1246 on: 24 September, 2019, 01:29:03 pm »
As I took half an hour at lunchtime to ressurect the TT, the rain has stopped.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1247 on: 24 September, 2019, 02:20:15 pm »
Bright sunshine in E17 but this will turn to ipssnig rain the moment I close the front door to go to Mr Sainsbury's House Of Toothy Comestibles and the Happy Swedish Halls Of Joy.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1248 on: 24 September, 2019, 03:10:13 pm »
Barakta's hearing aid drowned in the rain earlier this morning.

Resuscitated by leaving it battery compartment open in the server rack for 3 hours.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1249 on: 24 September, 2019, 04:38:13 pm »
In E12 it's all thunderbolts and lightning, very, very frightening
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: