Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 284474 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #2200 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:55:07 pm »
14.2 in the living room and Pingu's office/our bedroom right now. About 2C warmer in my s facing office and the kitchen. Trying to put off putting the heating on until work is over for the day. I have a fleecy blanket in my office.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #2201 on: 27 September, 2022, 01:39:37 pm »
I fail to comprehend this obsession with shorts - is it a macho thing? I blame the Postmen.

I'd get into all sorts of trouble if I wore a dress, regardless of the modesty of the hemline.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2202 on: 27 September, 2022, 02:22:26 pm »
14.2 in the living room and Pingu's office/our bedroom right now. About 2C warmer in my s facing office and the kitchen. Trying to put off putting the heating on until work is over for the day. I have a fleecy blanket in my office.

Still in shorts, though I do have fleece jumper on.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2203 on: 27 September, 2022, 06:19:24 pm »
Only about 22 in the Estate Office atm coz I haven’t been mercilessly thrashing the GPU today.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2204 on: 27 September, 2022, 06:29:07 pm »
16°C indoors, 11°C outdoors in Londres Sud atm.
I remain in shorts, but have donned a jumper.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2205 on: 27 September, 2022, 08:18:37 pm »
I am no longer in shorts, but that's cos my shorts went in the wash. Might put them on again tomorrow. Might not. Would've been cold in them while sitting playing chess on the lottie (I lost too).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

« Reply #2206 on: 28 September, 2022, 01:17:05 pm »
I'm apparently having to clear my schedule later so I'll have time to devastate Florida. That übercunt DeSantis is getting in the sea whether he likes it or not.

« Reply #2207 on: 28 September, 2022, 04:49:34 pm »
First 'real' winds of this winter season. 60-70mph forecast for Fri.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2208 on: 28 September, 2022, 06:20:23 pm »
I'm apparently having to clear my schedule later so I'll have time to devastate Florida. That übercunt DeSantis is getting in the sea whether he likes it or not.

Don’t forget to blow NRA shill and general headbanger Marco Rubio into the middle of a mass shooting in Iowa.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2209 on: 28 September, 2022, 06:52:00 pm »
After the summer we’ve had I am surprised that at this early date I find myself thinking that I might have to give in before the end of September and dig out a pair of trousers. 

Blooming heck, but it’s a bit chilly.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2210 on: 28 September, 2022, 09:34:46 pm »
Minimum of about 5°C and a maximum of 13°C?

Hasn’t anyone told the weather gods that it isn’t Bloody January Again yet?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ian

« Reply #2211 on: 28 September, 2022, 09:42:19 pm »

Don’t forget to blow NRA shill and general headbanger Marco Rubio into the middle of a mass shooting in Iowa.

On it.

« Reply #2212 on: 30 September, 2022, 03:41:28 pm »
The thermometer says 18°C in my living room.  The windows are open a crack for fresh air.   I'm wearing a thick shirt & feeling a little cool.   It's tiddling down outside.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2213 on: 30 September, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »
It’s proper raining here for the first time in ages and forecast to do so for a good 4 hours. Hopefully it’ll do something to clean my car as I cant use a hosepipe. The garden will be happier too.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2214 on: 30 September, 2022, 04:29:23 pm »
Blowing a hoolie and pishing with rain most of today. Although the sun has just come out.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2215 on: 30 September, 2022, 04:29:55 pm »
It’s proper raining here for the first time in ages and forecast to do so for a good 4 hours. Hopefully it’ll do something to clean my car as I cant use a hosepipe. The garden will be happier too.

Is there a ban on baby elephants though?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2216 on: 30 September, 2022, 08:26:25 pm »
Actual real rain here as well
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2217 on: 30 September, 2022, 09:38:52 pm »
The rain started here about 5pm and seems to have stopped now. 6.8mm, so not the wettest day this month.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

I'm wearing a woolly waistcoat.  It must be autumn. 

It's warmed up on the south coast to the point that the room stat temperature reading is almost 2 degrees higher than what it was first thing Friday.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

I've just shut the windows in the bedroom and office.
They're unlikely to be opened again before next spring.

That’s why I was feeling a bit cold in bed. I still had the summer weight duvet on!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
It's still quite warm in our bedroom, on account of it being upstairs.  I have unplugged the fan, though.  Other than dust extraction duty, it hasn't been needed for a few weeks.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
First use of a fleece when going to the market this morning, still in shorts though
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Phone says 13 C, BBC Weather app on fondleslab says 15.  I'll go with the latter and wear shorts to ride down to the vaccination place.