Author Topic: OLD SQUIT / NORFOLK MARDLE RIDES CANCELLED  (Read 2354 times)

OLD SQUIT / NORFOLK MARDLE RIDES CANCELLED
« on: 06 February, 2009, 08:22:40 am »
Hi everyone

The weather forecast for Friday night and Saturday has now deteriorated to such an extent that we have reluctantly made the decision to cancel the rides.

It's expected to rain/sleet until late on Friday evening, and then temps will plummet to -3C.

Our experience of the gritting process around Norwich tells us that not much will be done early on Saturday morning, and the first 27km of each ride is in lanes anyway.

I am now starting the process of letting more than 100 entrants know that the rides are cancelled.

Can I ask that if you entered and are reading this, you PM  or email me so I know that you won't be travelling here.  I will need to phone those I don't hear from, so any help you can give in this way will be greatly appreciated.

All monies will be returned.

Cheers

Keith

bazzerp

• A new life in Cape Town.
Re: OLD SQUIT / NORFOLK MARDLE RIDES CANCELLED
« Reply #1 on: 06 February, 2009, 09:40:39 am »
thanks Keith
Where have all the hedges gone ?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 06 February, 2009, 09:43:04 am »
What a pain for all concerned! I did the 100k last year and it was really good.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

scottlington

• It's short for, erm....Bob!
« Reply #3 on: 06 February, 2009, 02:01:09 pm »
A real shame - Was looking forward to this. Lucky I have been rubbish and not booked the hotel yet!

« Reply #4 on: 06 February, 2009, 02:20:48 pm »
You know what this means of course,dont you.We are all gonna have to do it in coupla weeks time as a permanant.

« Reply #5 on: 06 February, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »
What with this and the Willy Warmer, I seem to be on a bit of an anti-roll at the moment. What a shame.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 06 February, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »
You know what this means of course,dont you.We are all gonna have to do it in coupla weeks time as a permanant.

That sounds possible. Name a date and I'll see if I can make it (hint: Feb is pretty much booked up and March and April are looking busy...)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 06 February, 2009, 02:37:57 pm »
What with this and the Willy Warmer, I seem to be on a bit of an anti-roll at the moment. What a shame.
I know how you feel I was hoping this ride would give me a kick start for this season.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #8 on: 07 February, 2009, 02:53:43 am »
Commiserations, Keef. We were really lucky last week with the Willy Warmer. One day later and most riders would have been riding the last stage through a snowfest. Its much tougher organising winter events then riding them.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #9 on: 07 February, 2009, 04:08:19 am »
Wow that is bad luck, Keith

As  a Norwich local I would normally be riding this one but we are in Oz - arrived Thursday night - had bike kept here serviced yesterday

BUT todays Melbourne audax is cancelled due to extreme heat - 44C - predicted as mid afternoon temp - and there is a very strong, very hot wind blowing too.

Seems like some kind of double whammy - with you cancelling for cold and here cancelled for heat.
Roger

I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!