Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2027 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
Members' bikes
« on: 09 November, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »
My new bike. I love it very much.

xDSC01909fb by smart tart, on Flickr

Despite being a chap I am passionate about encouraging more women to ride bikes (part of the reason for the cycling group I run - see link in my sig line below).  If more women realised they could have a bike that looked like yours, and no doubt rides as beautifully as yours, I think there would be more on the road.  Of course women's bikes don't have to be pink, although yours is very pretty, my point is that bikes can be easily customised to suit the tastes of the rider.

I hope you have many happy mikes together  :-*

Thank you... it's been a real life saver for me. I have a very bad back problem and cycling is by far the best exercise for me to do. Add my busy dog to the mix, and the fact that I live right by the sea, and you have a recipe for enjoyable, irresistible exercise. My last bike was not bad, a hybrid, but wasn't exactly the right size and couldn't be set up precisely right. I did do 2,000 very happy miles on it though! And I live in West Cornwall so none of them were flat miles.
 I went up to Lincoln to order a custom frame from Dave Yates, he even let me mix my own colour. He's very intuitive, and between him and the Cycle Centre in Penzance, who did everything else, I have the most amazing bike I could have imagined! It seems to ride itself, it's like riding air. And I can't bear to not be cycling.
As far as encouraging women to cycle, I cannot recommend it enough. There are other reasons apart from my back problem which make me say If I can do it, so can anyone. And if you can sell your old stuff on Ebay, you can buy yourself a bike like this.
Go for it!