Author Topic: Audio forum  (Read 2605 times)

contango

• NB have not grown beard since photo was taken
  • The Fat And The Furious
Re: Audio forum
« Reply #25 on: 16 June, 2015, 04:48:32 pm »
We can answer it on this forum.  One (lowish budget) way to do it:

Rip the CDs to FLAC with Exact Audio Copy, and stream with Logitech Media Server to a second-hand Squeezebox Classic off eBay connected to hi-fi amplifier.

Now look what you've made me do!  Bid for a Squeezebox Classic on Fleabay, that's what.  Bad Biggsy!

Just on the blind offchance it comes with the attachments to turn the power adapter into a UK and US plug, I don't suppose you ended up with a spare US attachment? I shipped my Squeezebox to the US but along the way managed to lose the US adapter, and since I left the UK one behind (knowing it wouldn't work here) I can't even use that and use a socket converter :-(
Always carry a small flask of whisky in case of snakebite. And, furthermore, always carry a small snake.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #26 on: 16 June, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »
Just on the blind offchance it comes with the attachments to turn the power adapter into a UK and US plug, I don't suppose you ended up with a spare US attachment? I shipped my Squeezebox to the US but along the way managed to lose the US adapter, and since I left the UK one behind (knowing it wouldn't work here) I can't even use that and use a socket converter :-(

Funnily enough, my Squeezebox was a grey import that came with only with the US adapter for the adapter, that I adapt with yet another adapter.  So I've got the US one but I'm using it.

Did you leave the UK one with relatives that they could send to me, to swap?  Alternatively, you or I could use an alternative mains adapter.  Any 5V DC 2A+ one will do, with the DC plug or cable changed if necessary.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #27 on: 17 June, 2015, 03:21:24 pm »
Sadly I been outbid on every variety of Squeezebox I done bid on so far :(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime