Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3006076 times)

Chris S

I dunno what camera Liam Dutton off C4News Weather is using but it's giving him a huge head and a tiny body. He looks like an avatar!

Could be that's just how he looks?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
He didn't look like that before lockdown!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Maybe they were using trick photography...

fuaran

• rothair gasta
He has posted on Twitter. Apparently he is presenting at home, in front of a green screen.
https://twitter.com/liamdutton/status/1260277992024145923
https://twitter.com/liamdutton/status/1260593585214427137
Maybe in a small room, so needs a wide angle lens, causing weird distortion.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
When he was just a head, it reminded me of The Day Today.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

I'm starving, but I'm also due a Yodel delivery. I know that as soon as I sit down to eat the doorbell will go. Decisions, decisions...
Edit: I compromised and made a coffee and just as the Gaggia was spurting out a lovely espresso, the door bell went!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
"Red Mercury", a non-existent substance much loved by moonhowling conspiraloons.  Which I only found out about the day before yesterday.

Very nice.  I shall file that for future plagiarism alongside John Oliver's "drooling potato-brained Caligula".

The credit should go to that Spesh otp, who has a Way with Words.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

"Red Mercury", a non-existent substance much loved by moonhowling conspiraloons.  Which I only found out about the day before yesterday.

Very nice.  I shall file that for future plagiarism alongside John Oliver's "drooling potato-brained Caligula".

The credit should go to that Spesh otp, who has a Way with Words.

Indeed, I had them words away from elsewhere on the interwebs. ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
My friend on Facebook posted some pictures of boats on the canal and pondered how romantic life might be on a houseboat.
I posted that Elsan might deter her.
'Who's Elsan?'

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Which reminds me, I saw the packaging for an off-brand Saniflo in a pile of rubbish.  Someone is always having a worse day than you.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
My friend on Facebook posted some pictures of boats on the canal and pondered how romantic life might be on a houseboat.
I posted that Elsan might deter her.
'Who's Elsan?'

Civilised canal boats have flush toilets, which bung the effluent in a holding tank, from whence it can be pumped out at many marinas and boatyards in exchange for zbarl.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

It's Norwegian National Day today...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
They have a public holiday on Thursday, so I have to call them on Wednesday
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
It's Norwegian National Day today...

Saw groups of people picnicking Cannizaro Park with little Norwegian flags, as well as at a back garden barbecue adjoining the park.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
Due to the poor mental health of me and my littlest, Dr Beardy wants us to go out on an adventure today. I’m somewhat reluctant, but agree that the rules do indeed allow us to drive for some exercise. The challenge is of course deciding where to go. I know a number of normally very quite spots, but suspect that more than just I will be attempting to go to a secluded spot. So which of the quiet places is going to be the quietist? Hmmm.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Coincidentally, I learned yesterday that this is Mental Health Awareness Week, and this year's theme is being kind to others and yourself. A Beardy family adventure seems to combine being kind to others and yourself in one.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
We had a good little run out, though there were a few more cars parked up where went than I would have liked. Only a 2 or three others actually in evidence though, and easily avoided. I let Mo drive as well, which I thought was very adventurous of me  ;)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

This popped up in my Facebook feed, which amused me:

free translation for those that may struggle with the French

"I've been challenged to post the 137 cuneiform tablets that have had a profound influence on my life, I'll be posting them one each day without explanation"

Chris S

I just SORN'd my van (I've driven it once since February).

This is the first time I've not personally had a vehicle on the road since 1977.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
This popped up in my Facebook feed, which amused me:

free translation for those that may struggle with the French

"I've been challenged to post the 137 cuneiform tablets that have had a profound influence on my life, I'll be posting them one each day without explanation"

God yes, those posts are driving me nuts. (Well the ones where they keep nominating people are anyway)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather

This is the first time I've not personally had a vehicle on the road since 1977.

Is there any reason for this other than to get a refund from, or avoid having to pay, the VED?

There would be no point in me SORNING my car as it's zero-rated for VED anyway. I did have a letter from Swansea which said it was exempt but I suspect that a time will come when the rating changes and leccy cars are charged something.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

Is there any reason for this other than to get a refund from, or avoid having to pay, the VED?

There would be no point in me SORNING my car as it's zero-rated for VED anyway. I did have a letter from Swansea which said it was exempt but I suspect that a time will come when the rating changes and leccy cars are charged something.

Are you positive about that?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
This popped up in my Facebook feed, which amused me

Very good!

A friend of mine posted a similar gag with pictures of ironing boards. I was disappointed that he didn’t see it through - gave up after day one. Would have been funnier if he’d actually posted a new ironing board every day for 10 days without explanation.

It’s the “no explanation” thing that gets me - as if it’s interestingly enigmatic. It’s not. It’s irritating.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."