Author Topic: Panceltic Race 2022 3rd July  (Read 2139 times)

Panceltic Race 2022 3rd July
« on: 27 November, 2021, 02:58:51 pm »
This event is open for entries again with TWO distances on offer.

The Full route is 2531km and the shorter option is 1368km.

Following the route of the Wild Atlantic Way around the coast of Ireland it certainly guarantees good scenery and I know this event has been popular with many Audax riders over the last couple of years.

More information and some superb videos here  https://www.pancelticrace.com/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Panceltic Race 2022 3rd July
« Reply #1 on: 27 November, 2021, 03:20:07 pm »
Pretty sure it's a compulsory hat event.
And entirely sure it's not an Audax.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #2 on: 29 November, 2021, 11:10:38 am »
What are the entry criteria?

I heard a rumour that you couldn't get a place unless you were an influencer-type with an impressive Insta profile.  Is that true, or have I mixed it up with something else?

felstedrider

« Reply #3 on: 29 November, 2021, 11:32:27 am »

I heard a rumour that you couldn't get a place unless you were an influencer-type with an impressive Insta profile.  Is that true, or have I mixed it up with something else?

I had a place for 2020 (carried over to 2021 unused) and there were no special criteria then.   Despeuch did the 2019 version as part of a pair.

Problem I have with this version is that it's pretty much WAW but starting and finishing in Wales which I think takes away from the 'trip through several countries' angle.

« Reply #4 on: 29 November, 2021, 03:19:48 pm »

It was first come, first serve - like buying tickets to Glastonbury.

I've got a spot and I'd hardly call my Insta profile impressive in anyway shape or form.

Opting for the long-route and whilst the WAW + Wales vibe isn't as exciting as other editions, I'm still looking forward to it.

« Reply #5 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:55:19 pm »
Thanks, I must have got the wrong end of the stick - apologies to the organisers for that.

However, and I hate to be negative twice, but the route does look odd.  It's basically taking an existing event and working in two unecessary ferries.  Why would they do that?

felstedrider

« Reply #6 on: 29 November, 2021, 08:05:46 pm »
Thanks, I must have got the wrong end of the stick - apologies to the organisers for that.

However, and I hate to be negative twice, but the route does look odd.  It's basically taking an existing event and working in two unecessary ferries.  Why would they do that?

The email I got last week said it was because the route failed to get to Ireland this year so they were catching up.

From what I read elsewhere it’s the eventual intention to do Brittany as well which would make an excellent adventure if they return to Scotland as well.

« Reply #7 on: 29 November, 2021, 09:49:58 pm »
Well whatever the criteria, entries have now closed for 2022.