Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1624457 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #2450 on: 06 November, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
Wishing this lurgy would work out which organs to infect and get on with it.

Seems to have settled on the lungs for now.  Marvellous.  *hack* *wheeze*
Ah. You too. Sore throat via generalised cold to hacking cough, in just under two weeks. Mrs B's moved into the spare room until it goes away.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2451 on: 06 November, 2012, 10:40:18 pm »

Ah. You too. Sore throat via generalised cold to hacking cough, in just under two weeks. Mrs B's moved into the spare room until it goes away.

That's the one.  Only it started out with a UTI and progressed through the other stages over a few days.   :(

« Reply #2452 on: 07 November, 2012, 07:07:58 pm »
I'll concede I wasn't signalling continuously but I was cycling in the right hand tyre track approaching a roundabout where the only choices are straight on or right.

It shouldn't take a genius to guess which way I was planning on going.

And I had signalled when I was in his view anyway. A bit of memory would be nice.

I hope his genitals swell up and burst.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2453 on: 08 November, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »
In SEPTEMBER I placed an order with Wiggle for some blingy valve caps, to be delivered to work.

They've finally despatched them.

We moved to a new building last week.

::-)
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #2454 on: 09 November, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »

That's the one.  Only it started out with a UTI and progressed through the other stages over a few days.   :(
It now seems to be turning into a sinus infection. If old-fashioned remedies don't see it off over the weekend, I think it'll be doctor time on Monday.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2455 on: 09 November, 2012, 08:35:23 pm »
I'm still fighting off this fucking cold after nearly 2 weeks.  It goes up and down and I feel distinctly viral with mornings being vile and then file then shitty then fine then shitty in cycles throughout the days.  Not ill enough to email in sick but not at decent capacity consistently either.

Eating phenomenal amounts of drugs which might be what's stopping it turning nasty as piriton + ibuprofen + snorters does seem to be the magic stop the fucked ENT system getting into antibiotics-needing territory which can only be a good thing.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2456 on: 12 November, 2012, 06:34:37 pm »
That ride home wasn't fun.

First my Ixon went flying off the bracket and smashed into bits. Then I almost got taken out by a pick-up whose driver decided to pull in and park on the right of a single lane road without looking or signalling - thankfully I kept the bike upright while CXing across the soggy grass verge. I got thoroughly soaked and arrived home to find I'd not picked up the plastic lens from the Ixon when it went flying so ended up driving back to work to find it.

Now relaxing with a bottle of beer while epoxying the light back together.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2457 on: 14 November, 2012, 08:28:59 pm »
I'm quite enjoying being a House-Husband this week, but -
Fan assisted electric ovens  :o Bloody hell.
I'm used to cooking on gas.  So far I have burnt bread - twice, incinerated an apple pie, been rather over enthusiastic when browning off a shepherd's pie.
The hob's not much better.  You turn it up - nothing happens - for ages.  You turn it down - nothing happens - ever.
I had planned on pizza making tomorrow.  :facepalm:
I've told Mrs. B that dinner will be sandwiches tomorrow.  :thumbsup:  (She thinks I'm joking)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2458 on: 14 November, 2012, 08:49:11 pm »
Electric oven, gas hob.  Best of both worlds.

« Reply #2459 on: 14 November, 2012, 09:59:26 pm »
That what we've got will have once I actually fix the oven.

Though between the hobs, microwave and slow cooker we've not eaten too poorly this past couple of weeks.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #2460 on: 14 November, 2012, 10:02:02 pm »

Though between the hobs, microwave and slow cooker we've not eaten too poorly this past couple of weeks.

OK if Mrs. B and I pop round tomorrow? ;)

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #2461 on: 14 November, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »
Excellent, you won't be in the way as we use the facilities then. 
Remind me, is the key under the mat or flower pot?

« Reply #2462 on: 14 November, 2012, 10:13:40 pm »
I've only just checked my gear after my US trip.  The big holdall I used for the panniers in transit has had a hole torn in it, and one of my Carridice front panniers has a neat 1" slit in it as well.   Needle & thread time I think  >:(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2463 on: 15 November, 2012, 09:14:36 am »
Whoever or whatever it is that is making noise in the street at 04:30 everyday this week, stoppit, ok? You manage to wake me enough so that I can't get back to sleep, but I only wake after whoever or whatever has gone so I can't tell who I need to speak to...

Why is this in the Grumble thread? I have had so little sleep that I have no energy to rant :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

essexian

« Reply #2464 on: 15 November, 2012, 09:23:46 am »
Dear Kittens,

I know we asked you to stop killing birds which thankfully you have done, but please now stop killing mice.... and leaving them one step length away from our bedroom door....stepping on a dead mouse first thing in the morning is not my idea of fun.

Regards

The Staff.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2465 on: 15 November, 2012, 09:34:06 am »
Trees! Just stop it! I spent Sunday clearing your droppings and the lawn's covered again!

« Reply #2466 on: 15 November, 2012, 09:59:44 am »
Dear drivers the police and fire brigade have closed the road as some really big factories are on fire. you cannot rat run through the cul de sac like housing area where I live so stop flipping racing around it looking for a way around the road block.

Your commute is not more important than stopping us burning to death.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #2467 on: 15 November, 2012, 10:04:04 am »
Dear Friend,

It was nice to bump into you on the way into work and catch up with things. But did you _really_ need to tell me you had tickets for the Sonny Rollins gig at the London Jazz Festival ?   Now I'm all jealous & dejected...... :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2468 on: 15 November, 2012, 11:23:00 am »
Stupid fucking driver in Tilehurst last night:

I was cycling as fast as the car five metres in front of me. If you'd overtaken me, you'd have been stuck behind that. So, was there really any reason at all for tooting me? All it achieved was to annoy me & tell everyone else in the vicinity that you're a dickhead.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #2469 on: 15 November, 2012, 11:29:30 am »
I have finaly got my cup of tea.
No thanks to the two youngsters serving in this cafe. 
Slow?  I bet if I'd phoned my order through before riding to Lampeter, I'd still have had to wait.

« Reply #2470 on: 15 November, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »
Bugger.

After my sudden deflation event in West Berkshire last night, all seemed well for the rest of the evening. Checked tyre at pub - solid as a rock. After staying until closing time, I rode home

Guess what I just found? Not only the phht! one, but BOTH tyres are flat as pancakes.  And I seem to have left the inner tube I took out at the side of Admoor Lane. :facepalm:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2471 on: 16 November, 2012, 10:39:10 am »
When I turn over to Ken Bruce to hear PopMaster, I do not want to hear Olly Murs being a brainless TFZ.

Seems that CIN has taken over :(
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2472 on: 16 November, 2012, 10:44:28 am »
When I turn over to Ken Bruce to hear PopMaster, I do not want to hear Olly Murs being a brainless TFZ.

Seems that CIN has taken over :(

Oddly enough, as I read that, my diePod changed songs to Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone, rather apt I thought ;D
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2473 on: 16 November, 2012, 10:47:04 am »
Half way through that sentence, I got a cold feeling in my bones.  It was a terror, gripping me, wondering whether you were about to say that you were listening to Olly Murs.

It would be a shame to terminate a friendship so abruptly, but, if I had to do it, I would. ;D
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2474 on: 16 November, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
Electric oven, gas hob.  Best of both worlds.
Oh yep. But if I have to choose just one fuel, it would be gas every time. I don't use the oven much, mind.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.