Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1624487 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #4650 on: 04 April, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »
Today is one of those days when you get the wrong work at the wrong time with the wrong deadline. My brain is fried and I need a break, but I don't have time to take a break if I'm to finish by the 4:30 deadline. Oh well.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4651 on: 05 April, 2014, 08:29:36 am »
Was expecting to be snoozing on a plane to Furrybootoon by now. I'm in Cardiff instead. Bah!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #4652 on: 05 April, 2014, 03:34:37 pm »
Just paid for my first pair of varifocals.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #4653 on: 05 April, 2014, 04:55:51 pm »
Dan, I feel your pain, and have felt it a few times  :facepalm:

Get any change from £500?
Wombat

« Reply #4654 on: 05 April, 2014, 07:24:30 pm »
£199
One pair. Somewhat thinner than the basic lenses. One down from the top sized vari bit. Fairly cheap frames, but they were the ones I liked best rather than being cheap.

« Reply #4655 on: 06 April, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »
I have just had three 14-year-old teenage girls over for a sleepover. Well, my daughter has. I know I was probably like it myself and I know I don't have much in common with them, but sheesh, what an uncommunicative bunch. Not sullen exactly, just totally mute when spoken to.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #4656 on: 06 April, 2014, 07:41:38 pm »
I have just had three 14-year-old teenage girls over for a sleepover. Well, my daughter has. I know I was probably like it myself and I know I don't have much in common with them, but sheesh, what an uncommunicative bunch. Not sullen exactly, just totally mute when spoken to.

'Yeh wotever.........'
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4657 on: 06 April, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »
That would have been a major breakthrough!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Ruth

« Reply #4658 on: 06 April, 2014, 10:36:41 pm »
Did they all burst into giggles when you left the room?

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #4659 on: 07 April, 2014, 08:31:53 am »
£199
One pair. Somewhat thinner than the basic lenses. One down from the top sized vari bit. Fairly cheap frames, but they were the ones I liked best rather than being cheap.

My prescription is so awful that I really need the very highest refractive index lenses, and strewth, the price premium for those is scary.  Sunglasses were £600, but the frames for thsoe were a step above basic.  I do go for bendy titanium alloy ones as they survive being headbutted by the cat, rather better.
Wombat

« Reply #4660 on: 07 April, 2014, 09:01:44 am »
Did they all burst into giggles when you left the room?
Funnily enough, I did check to see if my flies were done up!

They all had a great time together, which is the important thing, but when asked if they wanted breakfast, I could get neither a 'yes please' nor a 'no, thank you' out of them. All I got was a vacant stare.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #4661 on: 07 April, 2014, 09:09:43 am »
Probably because breakfast is an alien concept
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #4662 on: 07 April, 2014, 10:39:30 am »
We were certainly on different planets, that's for sure!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4663 on: 08 April, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »
May Richard Branson be forever cursed!  I can't get any radio reception inside this Virgin train.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4664 on: 08 April, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »
May Richard Branson be forever cursed!  I can't get any radio reception inside this Virgin train.

Voyager is it?  Those things are basically RF jamming devices on rails.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4665 on: 08 April, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »
No idea.  But not a helpful space.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4666 on: 08 April, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »
Virgin Voyagers are Class 221 diesels, jam radio signals and have power sockets and dangly bike spaces.  Pendolinos are electric, have find-someone-with-a-carriage-key bike compartments, smell of poo, don't have enough sockets and wiggle from side to side alarmingly.  As both are designed for tilting operation and necessarily get thinner at the top, neither have enough luggage space.  I'm not sure which I hate most.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #4667 on: 09 April, 2014, 03:23:44 pm »
Went down to the caff in the public library on the ground floor to get a hot chocolate and a butterscotch cookie. Couldn't get a hot chocolate because "the machine's switched off at twenty past three, love." Got back to my desk, the clock on the computer says it's 15:19, and the cookie is stale.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #4670 on: 09 April, 2014, 08:37:43 pm »
gastric acid again  :(. bah .
the slower you go the more you see

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #4671 on: 13 April, 2014, 11:22:13 am »
New bearings for Daxara 127 camping trailer (and advertised as such) bought from Ebay trader, and arrived promptly.

Do they fit? Do they hell. Larger replacement bearing is the same size as the smaller original, smaller replacement is too small for anything.  ::-)  >:(

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4672 on: 14 April, 2014, 06:29:09 pm »
Spent much of the last week being ill with non specific DEDness, hideous dizziness and falling over.

Slept like shit last night before work today so shoulder is TELLING ME IT DOESN'T LIIIKE IT loudly enough to need hitting with a codeinehammer - I need food because I can eat MOAR codeine!

(Oh well, at least the fecking codeine works and my GPs aren't cunts about renewing it)

« Reply #4673 on: 16 April, 2014, 08:20:58 am »
Self: when organising a moonlit, countryside, canalside walk to the pub, as well as checking the sunset time it might also be a good idea to check the moonrise time!

Once it did rise, though, not only was its rise awesome - in the true sense of the word - but it was also bright enough to cast shadows.

ian

« Reply #4674 on: 16 April, 2014, 07:26:05 pm »
Plaster dust. It really does get everywhere. Sneeze.