Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
On The Road / Re: Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner
« Last post by Sergeant Pluck on Today at 02:30:44 pm »
The cyclist was appearing as a witness. He wasn't charged because no law was broken. It was accepted that the person had walked out right in front of the cyclist without looking. There was no indication that the person's death was as a direct result of the incident. The incident could have occurred in just the same way if the cyclist had been moving at 20mph.

How should CTC/CUK BC LCC IWGBCB (if at all) respond to this report?

Not at all.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:24:53 pm »
No-one seems to publish the batting and bowling averages any more. They used to be regular features in daily papers.

Glamorgan's Sam Northeast must be top of the batting, having scored 335no and 173no so far. I assume he must have lost his wicket at some point this season.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 02:18:59 pm »
Wordle 1,053 4/6

🟨
🟨
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:50:58 pm »
Three or four times this morning I've heard the swifts screaming overhead here in Saarfend, but haven't seen them yet.
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 01:48:39 pm »
Photo shows you hsve space for mudguards front fork and rear seat stay.  Chain stay being out of sight. This is for existing tyres.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 01:38:13 pm »
Start! - The Jam
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by Delidroid on Today at 01:36:29 pm »
Great to hear about the ride.  Re tyres, it'd be interesting to hear comments about those. I use Schwalbe Road Cruiser 600 x 1.75 on the expedition tourer,  tough tyre but performs well at a fair price.  Good for use on our potholed roads.

I have WTB Thickslick on the bike at the moment. Blodwyn also recommended mudguards. I don't know if they will fit over the tyres that look like balloons.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Going VOIP - losing the landline
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 01:31:47 pm »
^ yes, no problem. Our ONT is on the outside wall if a ground floor room but our router is in a cupboard on the landing.
Camping It Up / Re: New forest campsites
« Last post by Paul H on Today at 01:25:55 pm »
Not what you asked, but if the dates fit there's the New Forest Rally which is very family friendly:
https://newforestrallycc.org.uk/wp/

The only other time I've camped in the New Forest was at the Burley YHA on a forum weekend (Possibly ACF but more likely Cycling +) It was fine, but it's glamped up a bit since then.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10