Author Topic: I've been involved in a fiasco.  (Read 1760 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I've been involved in a fiasco.
« on: 05 April, 2008, 12:50:32 pm »
I've put this here rather than in politics because any intended political message was lost.

I just dressed up as Gordon Brown, complete with GB mask, for the FoE Day of Action, in which we are campaigning for aviation fuel to be included in the national CO2 figures when the Climate Change bill is passed. A small group of us assembled above Southend Pier for a photo opportunity.

It was never intended to be a big demonstration - just a few of us from the local committee hoping to get some newspaper publicity, waving a few placards and model planes around. One press photographer turned up.

Firstly, of the five of us in the photos, I was the youngest by about 20 years. Secondly, the police turned up, because someone had told them to expect a sizeable crowd. We had a nice chat. Thirdly, one old dear tripped over someone's foot, fell down and banged her head. I called an ambulance. A paremedic gave her the all clear after a pretty thorough examination.

All of this, for me, was against a backdrop of an arthritic episode which meant it took me about 45 minutes to walk 1½ miles from my house to the pier.

Then the photographs were crap.

The one high spot was that we got a good look at Simon L105.1FM's Radio Station, which is now finished but doesn't look it.

Save the Planet!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Re: I've been involved in a fiasco.
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2008, 01:46:21 pm »
Oh dear!  :(
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Re: I've been involved in a fiasco.
« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2008, 03:42:43 pm »
*snort*  ;D