Author Topic: The Bah f***ing humbug, f***ing Christmas thread  (Read 20314 times)

AndyH

Re: The Bah f***ing humbug, f***ing Christmas thread
« Reply #50 on: 24 December, 2010, 04:38:05 pm »
Another year of work over, but a great year because I addressed the work / life balance by getting on my bike after too many years off it and refusing to work all the stupid hours I could.

I started riding Audax which gave me a target, and I've met some great people (who didn't talk too much and had reassuring middle distance stares) and have also ridden quite a long way. All the best to you lot, you know who you are.

I've just finished my xmas wrapping, (locked in the study with a beer or 2 listening to KT Tunstall and Beth Orton). Now the time is mine, I can relax and enjoy it with my family.

And my lot is not too bad at all, have to be very thankful for what I've got.

So now it's here happy Christmas to anyone who still feels like the thread title, and to the millions worse off than I am.

Off now, I've promised MrsH that this will be a laptop free Christmas.

« Reply #51 on: 24 December, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »
Rotary clubs -  playing overloud recording of Christmas songs and shaking buckets - Tossers

(Will that do?)

They do that in town and outside Tesco and at some other shopping bits. Luckily this year i didnt have to hear them when i was at work, they were never about when i went to work, not about when i was coming home :thumbsup:
They do pull around some sleigh on a trailor, blast out loud music and have some old fart dressed as Santa in the sleigh. Not many people went out, they came knocking on the door asking for donations.
We all know your on the road, we can all hear you, we just want you to sod off fast.

Don't question. It makes people angry.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #52 on: 24 December, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »
It's a bit early to start tracking Santa, but here's the link for Friday Official NORAD Santa Tracker

Is it Christmas yet?

only another 366 days to go now.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #53 on: 24 December, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »
only another 366 days to go now.
Better get the sprouts on then.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #55 on: 24 December, 2010, 06:05:09 pm »

Off to do the fart thing.

Edit Level 6 reached and 10 sprouts to go. bah!
It is simpler than it looks.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #56 on: 24 December, 2010, 07:02:27 pm »
13 year-old daughter yesterday: "It doesn't feel very Christmas-y this year...".

Then she is up half of last night vomiting & running a fever. Flu, we think. That'll be why, then.  ::-)

Poor mite.  :-[

chris

• (aka chris)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #58 on: 24 December, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »
Im on my own again this year, so its no one to share christmas with. 2008 was a christmas dinner with the fathers and sisters of the church and homeless in Dublin with a supper and bed from the Salvation Army. 2009 was a meal in HMP. This year I have a home, though I still don't have a family to share it with and the only christmas card I have is from my landlord. I'm so blessed though. Think of all the people that suffer in this world on this day and will keep on suffering. I am so lucky to be alive,fit, well fed and in a good society.  x, maybe Im feeling sorry for myself ?
Say a prayer for the for the suffers this Chistmas.  God Bless. John x

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #59 on: 24 December, 2010, 07:34:19 pm »
This farmhouse opposite the University on the M6 at Lancaster is always elaborately decorated.

It's as good as Usual this year again!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

gordon taylor

« Reply #60 on: 24 December, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »
Im on my own again this year, so its no one to share christmas with. 2008 was a christmas dinner with the fathers and sisters of the church and homeless in Dublin with a supper and bed from the Salvation Army. 2009 was a meal in HMP. This year I have a home, though I still don't have a family to share it with and the only christmas card I have is from my landlord. I'm so blessed though. Think of all the people that suffer in this world on this day and will keep on suffering. I am so lucky to be alive,fit, well fed and in a good society.  x, maybe Im feeling sorry for myself ?

Merry Christmas, John.

« Reply #61 on: 24 December, 2010, 08:30:30 pm »
merry christmas john  :)
the slower you go the more you see

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #62 on: 24 December, 2010, 08:40:54 pm »

Merry Christmas, John.
Doff's hat'n'glass
Best to you all...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #63 on: 24 December, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »
Time to start on a bottle of vermouth I think.

« Reply #64 on: 24 December, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »
I've given up the bah humbug thing now I've got kids but I overheard a conversation on the bus the other day, a late teenager on her phone arranging to decorate mums grave. I'd be suffering a fairly serious case of bah humbug if that was me.

Chris S

« Reply #65 on: 24 December, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »
I have been punished for starting this thread, with a cold.

hubbug.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #66 on: 24 December, 2010, 10:14:40 pm »
I suppose I should apologise...

Sorry.

GWS
There's no vibrations, but wait.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #67 on: 25 December, 2010, 12:59:35 am »
This farmhouse opposite the University on the M6 at Lancaster is always elaborately decorated.

It's as good as Usual this year again!

Indeed, Dearly_Beloved and myself pointed it out to the cubs as we went past it earlier today.  And then pointed out the university hall of residence opposite where we (in direct contravention of the terms of the accomodation agreement, although in fairness I did also rent a room of my own at the other end of campus I just virtually never stayed there) shared a teeny tiny room in our final year when we first got together.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #68 on: 25 December, 2010, 09:16:50 am »
In the 1970s and '80s you could drive along the M6 and admire the Lancaster Uni buildings. The trees alongside the motorway have grown so much that you can't see them now.

We sung in Beethoven's 9th in the Great Hall in 1974.

I liked it. It was good.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #69 on: 25 December, 2010, 10:20:44 am »
I could easily do without Christmas except for seeing the grandsons having fun. 

« Reply #70 on: 25 December, 2010, 12:55:46 pm »
Missus was in County when we first met.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #71 on: 25 December, 2010, 01:25:14 pm »
In the 1970s and '80s you could drive along the M6 and admire the Lancaster Uni buildings.
I liked it. It was good.

It's moslty been replaced by Pagoda's these days to make the Students feel at home!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #72 on: 30 November, 2020, 01:32:41 am »

The home of Bernard and Denise Lumsden in Brislington has 30,000 christmas lights and half a ton of tinsel.
Bah f*@~ing humbug to you all!  :demon:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #73 on: 30 November, 2020, 02:01:35 am »
Never mind all that nonse.  Soon it'll be time for Mr Smith’s Crimblehat to put in its annual appearance  :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #74 on: 30 November, 2020, 08:31:32 am »
I am imagining the Greasy-Smugg household where perhaps a few hanging brace of game birds are about all that he would allow to "decorate" Smugg Hall.