Author Topic: Possibly selling Windcheetah?  (Read 4922 times)

Re: Possibly selling Windcheetah?
« Reply #25 on: 22 May, 2020, 03:51:42 pm »
fd3: Speedy will go through a standard house door (30 inches?) but it's tight, and if you have limited wiggle-room behind the door, or a house layout which involves tights turns, say from hallway to room, you might struggle.
Yeah, I had a google and I reckoned that would be an issue.  I might nail some bits of wood together to simulate the issue, I think it would be forwards on it's side and hope that lifting it vertically I could get it through.
I really like the idea of a windcheetah, but it does make more sense to save up for an ICe that can fold (or realise that I will be no more likely to get out on a trike than nutty and save my money).
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 22 May, 2020, 05:48:06 pm »
In general, tadpole trikes go through doorways best sideways, preferably as a two-person lift.  (If you have level access, you could maybe rest a wheel on a dolly?)

I find that a folded ICE trike is more awkward to get through a doorway than an unfolded one; it fits about as badly, but you're now worrying about keeping it folded.

« Reply #27 on: 22 May, 2020, 06:27:19 pm »
Crikey, No.175?  Mine is No.176 and the main difference is that I think mine was made out of bits while Bob Dixon was experimenting with various adaptations to take 406 wheels - it has different kingpin castings and a change of angle to accommodate the different axle height. 

The Windcheetah I have is No. 209 and had the 17" wheels. I have now built it with 406 wheels, and, as it is a loooong frame, I still get close to grounding the bottom bracket on speedbumps.

I have one of the mudguards like the ones on Nutty's (I can't remeber which side), if anybody has a use...
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #28 on: 22 May, 2020, 09:16:51 pm »
The Windcheetah I have is No. 209 and had the 17" wheels. I have now built it with 406 wheels, and, as it is a loooong frame, I still get close to grounding the bottom bracket on speedbumps.
When you say grounding the bottom bracket, do you mean the crossmember? That bit  (or the it just under the seat) seems the most likely to ground on my homebuilt trike.

« Reply #29 on: 23 May, 2020, 01:03:45 am »
No, the bottom bracket - where the pedals are.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...