Author Topic: YACF veeerrrrryyyyy ssllllooowww aaatttttt wwwooorrrkkkk  (Read 1485 times)

YACF veeerrrrryyyyy ssllllooowww aaatttttt wwwooorrrkkkk
« on: 08 September, 2008, 07:33:22 pm »
OK, I know I'm probably approaching this the wrong way round, but stay with me....

As of about 10 days ago logging on at work and going to any new YACF pages can take anything up to three minutes for them to load. Cache'd pages load fine.
Makes no difference which browser I'm using (I've tried five), makes no difference whether I'm on a Mac or  PC.
No other website behaves in this way, including other Simple Machines Fora which appear to work fine.

As it's at work, there is unsurprisingly a limit on how much assistance I can get from my IT team, given that my occupation is not fora surfing.
Luckily, one of our IT chaps is an avid cyclist, and is slightly intrigued by the problem.
I know the common denominator points back to the internet connection to our building - but my slightly intrigued IT person has suggested that I ask whether there was any significant work/adjustment done to the signal transmitted by YACF in the last 10 or so days.
Has anyone else had a similar recent experience?
Rogerzilla, Dez, I call on you for help.
I'm having to fill my day working.  :(