Author Topic: Le douze-Cents 2024  (Read 555 times)

Le douze-Cents 2024
« on: 28 March, 2024, 06:38:08 am »
Hello
the 1200 km "le Douze- cents" is back in France.
This is one of the most beautiful Brevet Randonneur that will take you through the Massif-Central (medium mountains).
The start is near Tours (Airport) on Monday 29 July at 8pm.
https://ledouzecents.blogspot.com/

registration
https://ledouzecents.blogspot.com/p/inscription-registration.html

jpm

Re: Le douze-Cents 2024
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2024, 11:28:41 am »

I'm in!

This will be the third time riding this, an excellent event (the last time being 2016)! A highy recommended event to some beautiful areas of France!

The event neatly sits betwen two weekends, so making it possible to ride to the start and back. Newhaven-Dieppe ferry overnight at 23:30 Friday 26/07, arrving 04:30 Saturday 27/07. Sat and Sun to ride approx 375km to Tours. Monday to chill and start the ride at 20:00, to finish Friday lunch time. Ride back on Sat and Sun to Dieppe for an 18:00 departure, arriving Newhaven 21:00.

It's also possible by train via Paris (Eurostar & TGV).

Link to the stages:
1 Veigné -Royère-de-Vassivière
2 Royère-de-Vassivière - Le Falgoux
3 Le Falgoux - La Canourgue
4 la Canourgue - Loubaresse
5 Loubaresse - Le Puy-en-Velay
6 Le Puy-en-Velay  Col du Béal
7 Col du Beal -La Chatre
8 la Chatre - Veigné

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2024, 10:40:56 am »

I'm in!

This will be the third time riding this, an excellent event (the last time being 2016)! A highy recommended event to some beautiful areas of France!

The event neatly sits betwen two weekends, so making it possible to ride to the start and back. Newhaven-Dieppe ferry overnight at 23:30 Friday 26/07, arrving 04:30 Saturday 27/07. Sat and Sun to ride approx 375km to Tours. Monday to chill and start the ride at 20:00, to finish Friday lunch time. Ride back on Sat and Sun to Dieppe for an 18:00 departure, arriving Newhaven 21:00.

It's also possible by train via Paris (Eurostar & TGV).

Me too(in case you need a tow  ;) )

Got round PBP ok, how hard can this be??

Probably take Portsmouth night ferry, and some slow trains plus some riding. I suspect Tours justifies a day as a pedestrian tourist  :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 30 March, 2024, 12:47:52 pm »
I'm in, with Nick Allen (SWRC)

« Reply #4 on: 30 March, 2024, 12:56:56 pm »
Got round PBP ok, how hard can this be??
Didn't get round PBP ok, how hard can it be??? Err...for me?...very :-)

But it looks like a cracking ride.
Proper audax self-reliance too by the looks of it.....no published times etc....love it.
https://ledouzecents.blogspot.com/p/autonomie-self-reliance.html
So, so tempted....but I have to be sensible [which means not logging onto the site after a beer later today].
Garry Broad