Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 284414 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
The still pic for this programme.

https://www.my5.tv/digging-up-britain-s-past/season-1/robin-hood-king-john

I was under the impression that an arrow needs the bowstring pulled back with it...
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

T42

• Apprentice geezer
The still pic for this programme.

https://www.my5.tv/digging-up-britain-s-past/season-1/robin-hood-king-john

I was under the impression that an arrow needs the bowstring pulled back with it...

It's not the only misfire.

We're sorry but you must be located in the British Isles to view this content....

If this keeps happening, please visit the My5 Help Centre for advice on what this error means and how to solve it.

It's not about to change, mon ami.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

There's a group of little kids lined up outside a shopping centre, with a few adults in attendance. They're wearing santa hats and reindeer antlers. Oh my god they're going to sing Christmas carols. But no! They burst into a really good rendition of Mr Blue Sky followed by a decent version of Reach Out I'll Be There. Thank fuck it isn't Christmas every day!

I can't seem to find a thread for "The Expanse" anywhere.  We must have a few fans.  Season 4 on Amazon in December.  Based on "Cibola Burn".   Trailers below.

https://youtu.be/kNIim3xqsEU

https://youtu.be/uEENk6_XFoA

A much longer segment, with the Roci travelling back asswards for deceleration  :thumbsup:      She then lands on Ilus ?  Don't recall that from the book, but it's been a while. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LrZiNOvp_c&frags=pl%2Cwn

(sheepish edit, paste the damn link in)

And another trailer   https://youtu.be/0-QBzYfK_R8

I binged Season 4 over the weekend,  very well done & they've woven a few extra plot strands in from later books to give Bobbie something to do.  Won't make much sense if you haven't watched the first 3 series though.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Reading a BBC article this morning, reporting that his husband has died, I now know that the (Rev) Richard Coles is an ex-Communard
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I just assumed that's where most people knew him from...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Clearly elydave is not "most people".  :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

ElyDave

ElyDave knows of the Communards, a popular beat combo from his yoof, but is not aware of the specific make up of said band. 

Others were paid more attention

would also add that I was partlicularly disgruntled to see that supposed Christians have contacted him to say his husband will be in hell, so much for a religion founded on peace and love

ElyDave knows of the Communards, a popular beat combo from his yoof, but is not aware of the specific make up of said band. 

would also add that I was partlicularly disgruntled to see that supposed Christians have contacted him to say his husband will be in hell, so much for a religion founded on peace and love

Particularly enlightening was the "courageously unsigned" (his words) letter that started "I'm writing to say how glad I am you're partner has died..."   :hand:   Christians, eh?  ::-)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen

Particularly enlightening was the "courageously unsigned" (his words) letter that started "I'm writing to say how glad I am you're partner has died..."   :hand:   Christians, eh?  ::-)
Bigots come in all flavours sadly.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Meanwhile, on tonight's Universally Challenged Christmas Special, there was a question asking which form of transport did Fiona Kolbinger use to win the Trans Continental?

Radio 4's vicar in residence, and mentioned just up there in sadder circumstances,  the Rev. Richard Coles took a wild stab with "skateboard".
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Cudzoziemiec

Ambitious. But I'm sure a transcontinental skateboard journey (probably not a race) has been done, and if it hasn't, it should be.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Anyone else noticed the rise in kitchen-countertop copulations in films over the last few years?  It's got to the point where, when the amorous wights burst through their front door, clawing at each other's clothes, MrsT and I are liable to chortle "to the kitchen!"

Very strange.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Meanwhile, on tonight's Universally Challenged Christmas Special, there was a question asking which form of transport did Fiona Kolbinger use to win the Trans Continental?

Radio 4's vicar in residence, and mentioned just up there in sadder circumstances,  the Rev. Richard Coles took a wild stab with "skateboard".
This caused much hilarity on the TCR facebook group (enough to be posted at least 3 times). :)

It wasnt THAT bad a guess - PBP has been done on a kick-scooter (which was then banned).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Anyone else noticed the rise in kitchen-countertop copulations in films over the last few years?  It's got to the point where, when the amorous wights burst through their front door, clawing at each other's clothes, MrsT and I are liable to chortle "to the kitchen!"

Very strange.

Not really noticed an increase, but it always struck me as one of those YKINMK things.  Maybe I've been unfortunate in always having distinctly unsexy kitchen counters?

Cudzoziemiec

Very strange.

Not really noticed an increase, but it always struck me as one of those YKINMK things.  Maybe I've been unfortunate in always having distinctly unsexy kitchen counters?
It's not the kitchen counters, it's the kitchen encounters.

I can't seem to find a thread for "The Expanse" anywhere.  We must have a few fans.  Season 4 on Amazon in December.  Based on "Cibola Burn".   Trailers below.

https://youtu.be/kNIim3xqsEU

https://youtu.be/uEENk6_XFoA

A much longer segment, with the Roci travelling back asswards for deceleration  :thumbsup:      She then lands on Ilus ?  Don't recall that from the book, but it's been a while. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LrZiNOvp_c&frags=pl%2Cwn

(sheepish edit, paste the damn link in)

And another trailer   https://youtu.be/0-QBzYfK_R8

I binged Season 4 over the weekend,  very well done & they've woven a few extra plot strands in from later books to give Bobbie something to do.  Won't make much sense if you haven't watched the first 3 series though.

Re-watching series 1 & 2 it's interesting to see how they set things up.  Naomi demanding that Fred Johnson help her to find "someone".  Avasarala lying on the roof of her house,looking at the night sky, talking to her grandkids & saying she hopes no one is thinking about throwing rocks.........
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Expansewise I'm still wondering at the pervasive use of steel, making magnetic boots practicable.  Virtually every metal surface they walk on seems to be ferrous.  Phunny, that.

ian

Very strange.

There are sexy kitchen counters? I've certainly long harboured a distrust of kitchen showrooms (why are there so many feasting on the decaying corpses of our high streets and have I just answered my own question?)

It probably explains the lack of sharp edges in modern kitchens, no one wants their amorous intent sharply punctuated. Not that I've been tempted, but we have rounded edges. Why take the chance? I am now, of course, challenging with thinking about the weirdest place I've had sex and should I start a topic that will just end up being my confession?

In other news, finished and enjoyed the latest round of The Expanse. I think they take the opportunity to use hindsight to tighten up the events of the books and make it a bit more coherent, which is fine. It's well done and pacy, which – in a universe of Netflixian sludge – is quite a relief. On the downside, there's Naomi's son coming into play, and I confess I found that subplot tedious and annoying in the book.

Now watching season two of The OA, which is admirably bonkers. I liked the first season and it featured probably the best way to thwart an 'active shooter' in your school ever (apart from not living in a society awash with guns, of course).

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Derek Acorah has died. I'm not sure whether this is beneficial or detrimental to the career of a medium.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Derek Acorah has died. I'm not sure whether this is beneficial or detrimental to the career of a medium.

Is he now a happy medium?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ElyDave

he's definitely no longer a small medium at large

Whist spending Christmas with M'Julie in Whitstable, we elected that our evening's TV entertainment would be to watch the Prince Andrew interview, mostly for its farce value, if nothing else.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
And now, you "have no recollection of ever watching that programme, none whatsoever"
It is simpler than it looks.