Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 473667 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1175 on: 05 August, 2012, 09:10:57 pm »
I presume Tim has passed all the Snow roads stuff on to the editor for the next issue. Must also pass on the Mille Alba pics.

Those of you pining for Snow Roads action may be interested to know that the feature filmed for BBC Scotland's The Adventure Show is likely to be screened in October.  :thumbsup:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #1176 on: 09 November, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »
was on my doormat when I got in!

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #1177 on: 09 November, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »
Good to see a fair bit of Scottish rides in this edition - Schiehallion Sunrise on the cover plus an article, CET's excellent write-up of the Mille Alba and a load of good photos from the Erit Lass.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1178 on: 09 November, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »
The snow roads pics obviously never got passed on, nor Mille Alba. Never mind, you saw them here first:)
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #1179 on: 09 November, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »
I sort of thought I had had enough Audax - or at least that my priorities are so different for next year in other bits of life that I wouldn't get to do any Audaxing.... but then I opened the mag... and turned to the back pages... and started to ponder my first SR. So this is how it happens, the slippery slope down towards something serious... bah!

« Reply #1180 on: 09 November, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
  Got mine today as well as my membership renewal form but perhaps someone out there knows something I don't as, although I am a life member, I see that my membership runs out at the end of this year. Just as well I am off on holiday to Lanzarote tomorrow rather than in January when I won't be around to enjoy it according to this news. Must remember to do all these things I have been meaning to do in my last few weeks. At least I'll be able to see McNasty and self on the tandem in the Snow Roads Spectacular before I depart this mortal coil.

Chris S

« Reply #1181 on: 09 November, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »
I sort of thought I had had enough Audax - or at least that my priorities are so different for next year in other bits of life that I wouldn't get to do any Audaxing.... but then I opened the mag... and turned to the back pages... and started to ponder my first SR. So this is how it happens, the slippery slope down towards something serious... bah!

:D

Gotcha!

Another one hooked. See you on the road soon.

ETA: Clearly the "Near Drowning" experience of the Witham Wetterly didn't put you off then ;)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1182 on: 09 November, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
That cover shot is very familiar  O:-)

« Reply #1183 on: 10 November, 2012, 08:57:42 pm »
Squeeeee! with delight to find my DIY way to LEL feedback comments have won me runner's up prize of a LEL jersey,

Mrs Blacksheep

« Reply #1184 on: 10 November, 2012, 09:03:30 pm »
Must say, a rather excellent article about AAA rides  :).

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #1185 on: 10 November, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »
Squeeeee! with delight to find my DIY way to LEL feedback comments have won me runner's up prize of a LEL jersey,

:-)

I just had an email from the Wing Commander expressing delight at his free entry.

« Reply #1186 on: 10 November, 2012, 09:29:04 pm »
Must say, a rather excellent article about AAA rides  :).

Serious congratulations in order there !

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #1187 on: 10 November, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

I just had an email from the Wing Commander expressing delight at his free entry.
Great to have a Promotion; pity my Retired Pay does not reflect the extra 1/2 bar stripe. Just hope that the LEL Jersey comes with FULL Zip; it will be worth the investment then.

SteveP (Sqn Ldr (RAF) (Ret'd))
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

mikewigley

« Reply #1188 on: 11 November, 2012, 05:39:41 am »
  Got mine today as well as my membership renewal form but perhaps someone out there knows something I don't as, although I am a life member, I see that my membership runs out at the end of this year

Is this not clear?  Your doctor will have a better idea of when your Life membership runs out.  life Membership is free but you only continue to receive Arrivee if you pay a reduced subscription fee.  PM me with your membership number if you think we've done something wrong.

Mike

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #1189 on: 11 November, 2012, 08:17:15 am »

Great to have a Promotion; pity my Retired Pay does not reflect the extra 1/2 bar stripe. Just hope that the LEL Jersey comes with FULL Zip; it will be worth the investment then.

SteveP (Sqn Ldr (RAF) (Ret'd))

Yep, full zip and a few other nifty features too. You'll be size L.

If you're coming to Llandrindod you'll get to see a sample.

« Reply #1190 on: 11 November, 2012, 01:10:52 pm »
Congrats ti PpPete

And Chris S - yes, funny eh?!?!?! Still can't really go nuts due to commitments (family, job, part time study, school governor and writing a novel!) but yes I am looking now to sneak the minimum rides across the post for an SR next year. There, I said it.

That Witham ride sure was memorable - I'm writing it up for Arrive and have retitled it the Witham Wader....

« Reply #1191 on: 12 November, 2012, 11:23:07 am »
Congrats also to Lou (Mrs Blacksheep) on a new AAA record.

Isnt it a shame though that the Cotswold Corker is now only available as a perm and not a full calendar ride.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #1192 on: 12 November, 2012, 12:25:26 pm »
Congrats also to Lou (Mrs Blacksheep) on a new AAA record.

Isnt it a shame though that the Cotswold Corker is now only available as a perm and not a full calendar ride.
Non-Cal has been situation for 2012 and 2013. Sean Graff still 'owns' the Title on behalf of Cheltenham CTC. You could join Mrs BS on a Corker Perm on 16 March; but then I would rather you supported the main event from Andoversford, The Cheltenham New Flyer 200, which I route-checked for new finish last week.
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

« Reply #1193 on: 12 November, 2012, 12:37:00 pm »
So the new Cheltenham Flyer doesn't have a finishing leg whereby, from west on the A435
(heading to Cheltenham) it takes a right at Seven Springs roundabout (then climbs)?

Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1194 on: 12 November, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

I think you have just coined a new nickname! :)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #1195 on: 12 November, 2012, 01:38:24 pm »
I'm enjoying reading Colin Bezant's account of the Mille Alba.  It sounds like he is resident here.  What's his forum name?

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1196 on: 12 November, 2012, 01:42:46 pm »
He likes swimming and running ...

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #1197 on: 12 November, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
I think you have just coined a new nickname! :)

We've been calling him that behind his back for years. :-)

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1198 on: 12 November, 2012, 02:54:21 pm »
He likes swimming and running ...

maybe, but funny enough he said he hasn't done a single triathlon ;)

(thanks to Colin, my photos are in this arrivee!)

« Reply #1199 on: 12 November, 2012, 02:59:16 pm »
I'm enjoying reading Colin Bezant's account of the Mille Alba.  It sounds like he is resident here.  What's his forum name?

CAT