Author Topic: Bonekickers  (Read 4812 times)

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
Re: Bonekickers
« Reply #25 on: 30 July, 2008, 05:39:05 pm »
I was out time trialling instead!  ;D

« Reply #26 on: 30 July, 2008, 09:53:48 pm »
With lines like.....

"I've got an Etruscan Spear and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Who can doubt the quality

« Reply #27 on: 05 August, 2008, 01:34:52 pm »
OOOhh look everybody.  It's Tuesday.  Are we getting the beers and popcorn in ready?

bikenerd

« Reply #28 on: 05 August, 2008, 02:25:20 pm »
OOOhh look everybody.  It's Tuesday.  Are we getting the beers and popcorn in ready?
Because CSI:Miami is back?
Actually, I think CSI:Miami may be even more unintentionally hilarious than Bonekickers! :)

border-rider

« Reply #29 on: 05 August, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »
Oh boy

A classic tonight.  Clunky script, clunky stereotypes, vague storyline, rubbish plot twist at the end.

;D

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #30 on: 06 August, 2008, 08:32:55 am »
Oh boy

A classic tonight.  Clunky script, clunky stereotypes, vague storyline, rubbish plot twist at the end.

;D

So you watched CSI:Miami too then?

I kept falling asleep during it, and I still managed to follow what was happening
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #31 on: 06 August, 2008, 11:44:30 am »
I'm not bothered about clunky plot, piss-poor dialogue or David Caruso's constant faffing about with the Sunglasses of fucking Justice as long as they don't write out Eve La Rue's character :-*
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #32 on: 06 August, 2008, 11:55:45 am »
I'm not bothered about clunky plot, piss-poor dialogue or David Caruso's constant faffing about with the Sunglasses of fucking Justice as long as they don't write out Eve La Rue's character :-*

Her of the pneumatic chest? Fantastic, and Calliegh is looking somewhat new and improved this season, a bit of off season attention maybe?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #33 on: 06 August, 2008, 12:08:28 pm »

Her of the pneumatic chest? Fantastic, and Calliegh is looking somewhat new and improved this season, a bit of off season attention maybe?

I noticed that too.   Nom no["NSFW" - Ed.]
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Si

« Reply #34 on: 13 August, 2008, 11:04:52 am »
Ah, I think that I've sused it.

You have the traditional program makers: the mugs. They attempt to make their programs successful by a combination of good story, script and acting.  ie the hard work way.

Then you have the new smart breed of program makers. They recognise the power of the internet.  They realise that if they make a program really really bad, and go to two hyping it up beforehand, then everyone will have to watch it so that they don't feel left out when it comes to all the on-line discussions of it the next day. 

Well, that's the only theory as to why I keep watching it.

Alas, I fear that there will not be a second series?

« Reply #35 on: 13 August, 2008, 12:24:18 pm »
Alas, I fear that there will not be a second series?

Fingers crossed  ;D :thumbsup:

I can't believe I've wasted my life sitting in front of that and cringing/laughing.    Suddenly I understand why people watch Eastenders/Coronation Chicken/Emmerdale/Big Bother.  But I won't be starting.

bikenerd

« Reply #36 on: 13 August, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »
Mrs Nerd likes it for the above reasons but it all got a bit much for me last night.  So I sat in the other chair with my laptop and specced out myself a Planet X Superlight bike.
Now, if only I can convince myself and Mrs Nerd that I need a sub 18lb aluminium racing bike...

« Reply #37 on: 16 August, 2008, 08:16:23 pm »
I have a cunning plan.....................

Buy one.....

Bury it in Garden.....................

Share Mrs Nerd's new found enthusiasm in archaeology by exploring the garden

Look Darling - I have found something - Dr Magwilde would clean it up and keep it - can I do the same?

Problem sorted!

border-rider

« Reply #38 on: 24 August, 2008, 05:22:15 pm »
We went to look at a house this afternoon.

It (or at least its dovecot) featured in the first episode of Bonekickers :)

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/technology/onlocation/2008/07/on_location_bonekickers.html

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #39 on: 25 August, 2008, 11:36:09 am »
Burn it down, lest the taint spread!
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

border-rider

« Reply #40 on: 25 August, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
 ;D

The Church next door is mentioned in the da Vinci Code, and there's a footpath to it right across the garden that is used by curious tourists. And it is way overpriced.  And small - I guess you're paying for a 700 year-old dovecot too.  So I doubt we'll make an offer :)