General Category > Rides and Touring

Alternative coast to coast routes

<< < (2/3) > >>

bikenerd:
Using pcolbeck's lateral thinking, I'm liking the idea of Bournemouth to Holyhead at the moment!  :D
Ride the length of Wales, suffer in Snowdonia, take 7 hours to get back to Oxford!
Aber-Gt Yarmouth looks good as well.  Have to find some way of avoiding the West Midlands sprawl, though.

RichForrest:
If you are a CTC member you can download a route for
Another Side to Side Ride ~ Machynlleth (Ceredigion) to Aldeburgh (Suffolk)

Rich.

Chris N:

--- Quote from: bikenerd on 23 May, 2008, 02:39:56 pm ---Aber-Gt Yarmouth looks good as well.  Have to find some way of avoiding the West Midlands sprawl, though.

--- End quote ---

If heading North of Brum, I'd recommend something like Market Bosworth - S. of Alrewas - Rugeley - Cannock Chase - Penkridge - Albrighton - Much Wenlock then on to the Long Mynd at Church Stretton.  Stays nicely out of the busy bit without heading too far out of your way.

Hello, I am Bruce:
Is off-road in the north of Scotland suitable?

Train to Tain, ride the road to Ardgay then Croich.  Then offroad to the bothy below Seana Bhraigh.  Sleep there then continue to Ullapool via Rhidorroch.

The route is fairly obvious on landranger maps, and it's all on landrover tracks but with some fords.

You'll probably need to ride back to get the train home.

(I've done the first half, but turned back because of bad weather.)

eck:
How's about this:
--- Quote ---From Lowestoft on the east coast of England to Ardnamurchan on the west coast of Scotland.
--- End quote ---
  :-\

1000k of entertainment, see here, scroll down to John Thompson: http://www.aukweb.net/cal/perms/index.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version