Author Topic: Knockerdown and Lutadarum  (Read 1391 times)

Knockerdown and Lutadarum
« on: 18 June, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »
Who else is looking forward to this Peak District hillfest and exploration of the old railway lines? I loved Lutadarum a couple of years ago and am excited about adding some extra kms this time!  ;D ;D

Lee Killestein

Re: Knockerdown and Lutadarum
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2018, 09:54:27 pm »
I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t ridden either event before but am expecting a kind of Venetian Nights meets first 40km of the 2016 National 400. In which case it’s going to be great!

« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2018, 10:16:20 am »
Will we see the Van of Delights though?

« Reply #3 on: 19 June, 2018, 11:12:38 am »
I was really looking forward to Knockerdown, but real life has got in the way, which might be just as well since I'm not sure I've got the legs.

« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2018, 12:54:28 pm »
Will we see the Van of Delights though?

From the info sheet:
There will be plenty of food and drink available, (inc' in fee) from the organiser's van, before, after, and in-between the loops.

:thumbsup:

Hopefully I can sort real life out in time to put an entry in to ride this.

« Reply #5 on: 24 June, 2018, 08:17:53 am »
Did the Knockerdown. There were hills. Great event and route. Thanks again to John, Peter and the Van Of Delights crew. Without a doubt the best start, control and Arrivée in Audax.

Lee Killestein

« Reply #6 on: 24 June, 2018, 10:24:49 am »
I expected Knockerdown would be a good event, John’s events always are. I wasn’t disappointed! First loop was classic White Peak hill fest, second loop was less hilly with a really clever linking of the Monsal, Tissington, High Peak and Manifold trails. As ever, the catering from the Van of Delights was first class. Thanks to John and team for a great day out.

« Reply #7 on: 24 June, 2018, 08:05:30 pm »
My wife and I did the Lutudarum. Got round in 8.5 hours, with  Co-op stop in Bakewell. It was hard as I'm not built for climbing but the good weather and great views were worth it. Got to sample the Van of Delights at the end, which was most welcome.
Sherwood CC - Squadra Giallo Verde