Off Topic > Arts and Entertainment

What was the last film you watched?

<< < (1272/2092) > >>

citoyen:

--- Quote from: asterix on 03 May, 2016, 06:00:35 pm ---The theme tune (Missa Luba by Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudouin) is good too.
--- End quote ---

My parents had the LP of that and played it a lot when I was growing up. I always get the Sanctus as an earworm for several days every time I watch the film. The rest of the LP is pretty good too, actually - I rather like the Gloria.

Cudzoziemiec:

--- Quote from: asterix on 03 May, 2016, 06:00:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: citoyen on 02 May, 2016, 10:01:23 pm ---If....

Such a great film, one of my all-time favourites and I don't think I will ever tire of it. It was listed on Netflix so I told my son he should watch it, so he did, and I watched it with him. He was a bit nonplussed by it, which is interesting. He clearly has some gaps in his cinematic vocabulary that need to be filled in. I shall have to force feed him some Truffaut and Godard, for starters...

--- End quote ---

Yes, I enjoy 'If... '   The theme tune (Missa Luba by Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudouin) is good too.

Maybe you could force feed him with 'O Lucky Man' a sort of sequel.  It makes me think things haven't changed much!

--- End quote ---
That jogs my memory. I reckon my parents must have had it too – but it was probably one of the pile of LPs that rarely got played except when I was exploring.

T42:
Stop at Nothing: the Lance Armstrong Story

Pure documentary, haven't noticed it mentioned in here before.
Even at a couple of years' remove from the scandal, still riveting.

T42:
Incidentally, in the evenings we've been watching this:

Pablo Escobar, El Patrón del Mal

which is a jolly romp.  He would have made a good running-mate for Donald Trump.

rogerzilla:
Dr Terror's House Of Horrors.  Very good (and unusual) cast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version