General Category > On The Road

tnaR

(1/28) > >>

JJ:
You there.  Yes you, John T Evans driver, crossing the railway bridge leaving Shelford, and heading for Trumpington in your artic.  Me fighting the headwind on the comedy cycle lane.  You could probably have squeezed through that gap.  It wouldn’t have left much room, but you could just about have made it, and anyway, why should you care?  Instead you chose to hold back, and back, and back until it was really well and truly clear, and then you overtook with more than adequate clearance.  What can I say.  I want to cry. [Edit: Company emailed]

But that’s not all.  Welch’s driver, you could so easily have cut in front of me at the lights by Waitrose.  It wouldn’t have been dangerous, just inconvenient, yet you held back and waited until I was clear before turning left.  That’s it.  I’ve lost control now  :'(

Wendy:
LOL, that's awesome!  I like the way you did the rant backwards and how you wrote this post.

I had an artic driver like this on Monday, I wish I'd got his details as he was exceptionally considerate.  I thanked him at the lights, he was chuffed, but it would have been nice to email his company too.  As David Martin says, the carrot is far more effective than the stick.

Regulator:
"tnaR"

As well as being 'Rant' backwards, it could also stand for "this is not a Rant" or "the not a Rant" thread...

clarion:
Gah!  I got this this morning as well.  I have to cross a busy road to get onto Figges Marsh.  It acn be a long wait.  This morning,  a car stopped to let me out, and a man in a RAV4 in the other lane only saw me from his position four back in the queue, stopped well back and waved me across with a smile.  How can we maintain the quality and ferocity of the rants when that kind of thing is going on?

Regulator:
I have the same thing in Cambridge.  I'll be turning right off East Road into Adam & Eve Street on my way home and some car will invariably stop and let me turn.

Buggers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version