Author Topic: Medical music . . .  (Read 1851 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Medical music . . .
« on: 22 March, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »
... had to laugh : phoned the doctor this morning to make an appt (just routine with the GP) and the "on hold" music was the theme from Holby!  - apparently they have a whole load of TV medical themes including Dr Finlay's Casebook, Emergency Ward 10, ER, Chicago Hope, House etc.   

If you ring the police is the hold music Z-Cars?

Rob

IJL

Re: Medical music . . .
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »
Many years ago when I worked in A&E we had to call the poisons unit on a regular basis.  The on hold music was the theme tune from MASH, suicide is painless 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2017, 03:36:28 pm »
I don't have hold music[1], but Certain People get Roy from The IT Crowd asking if they've tried turning it off and on again before their call is connected.

[1] There is a dial-a-Rickroll extension for transferring spammers to.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2017, 11:58:11 am »
Many years ago when I worked in A&E we had to call the poisons unit on a regular basis.  The on hold music was the theme tune from MASH, suicide is painless

Beat me to it!

Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' is the 'hold' music for various Helldesks. Tis a pity only the introduction is played for it is common to hold for a year...

« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »
Whn Will ICU Again?

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #5 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »
Reminds me of one time I was in the gym on the treadmill and the song that came on my MP3 player was Chris Rhea's The Road to Hell - very inspiring  :facepalm:
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:25:16 pm »
Reminds me of one time I was in the gym on the treadmill and the song that came on my MP3 player was Chris Rhea's The Road to Hell - very inspiring  :facepalm:

I first encountered that song in the way it was intended:  In a traffic jam on the M25.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:40:39 pm »

I first encountered that song in the way it was intended:  In a traffic jam on the M25.

Whereas a long, dire, flat, wet Audax brought it to my mind...