Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A bike mounted on a turbo trainer is remarkably easy to do work on. You can also test it while sat on it.
Skip Bike and Bodge It / Re: Making your own bike shed
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 07:58:09 pm »
During COVID I built a bin store on my driveway.  It's big enough for two bikes or three bins.  During COVID timber was scarce and having to use what was available affected the design,  but it wasn't too hard.  I should have incorporated an easy way of adapting it to stand on uneven ground, seems my drive isn't as level as I thought!  Whatever it cost then, it'll be more now.
The Pub / Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Last post by cycleman on Today at 07:47:28 pm »
I have just found out that apollos social worker has left without sorting the money supply problem from apollos trust fund held by Slough Council and the care says that apollo doesn't need a social worker and seem reluctant to ask for one. Despite being notified of the cotswolds camping trip plans in December last year the request for the fund's have not yet been approved and so it is looking like I will have to cancel the camping weekend. Now I am told that the care home has spoken to the council about apollos trust fund but where told they just had to wait which they have just quietly accepted. I have asked them for a number for the relevant council department but I suspect that I will just get the same brush off. The trust fund money is apollos and should be used for his benefit. I AM SERIOUSLY STRESSED 😐
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 07:46:02 pm »
Take Good Care Of My Baby - Bobby Vee
Hello.
I apologise for probably asking the same old question. I live in Gravesend in Kent UK. There’s a good Cycling club which I will apply to join once I have built up my strength and endurance. I’m fortunate to have a 2.5 Km cycle track locally. my question is I want to buy a bike suitable for Audax. The only local shop is Halfords. My question is which make and model bike should I consider buying. I have a Carrera Parva hybrid bike which I’ve had for five years. It lives outside and is ridden every day. I have a Brooks leather saddle on the shelf so I can overlook that component on my new purchase.

Looking at Gravesend Cycling Club site I read this:

Ride
Club Run
Every Sunday, starting from Cobham War Memorial. 9am in winter, 8:30am when on BST. This is a no-drop ride. All abilities welcome.

That sounds good. Could be worth turning up and having a word with them.  Can't see why they would not be happy to help a keen newcomer.

My first club ride there were three of us. That was the entire club and I was slowest with the heaviest bike but the other two didn't mind waiting for me when necessary.

Narwhal purring maybe 🤔  ;D
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 07:05:46 pm »
The god Priapus' sacrificial animal was the ass.

Those Romans certainly had a sense of humour.
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by JonBuoy on Today at 07:02:43 pm »
There are a couple of other audaxy names that I recognise.  Also  -  Dimitri Franz used to work at Loughborough University and ride with a local group that I am a member of.  I persuaded him to do a 200k back in 2019 which I believe was his first audax.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 06:50:43 pm »
Phone rings.
Them: Oh hi ma'am, this Simon from O2
Me: O rly, I suppose you're here to offer me 40% discount are you?

I must have had 4 or 5 of the same scam calls in the last fornight
OT Gallery / Re: Bugs
« Last post by Salvatore on Today at 06:50:17 pm »
This peacock was so intent on sucking bluebell nectar that it was oblivious to my presence. Each time it moved to a different flower it ended up nearer me, and in the end it was closer than the lens' closest focusing distance.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10