Author Topic: longer alternative to topeak tribag?  (Read 1109 times)

longer alternative to topeak tribag?
« on: 21 September, 2017, 11:52:32 am »
I've used a topeak tribag for nearly 10 years - mostly to hold a phone and a snack.

New phone is just a bit long to fit in the bag.

Any alternatives that are a bit bigger?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: longer alternative to topeak tribag?
« Reply #2 on: 21 September, 2017, 12:28:52 pm »
The Alpkit thing ("fuel pod"?) is stupidly expensive but works brilliantly. My Medium is a fair bit bigger than my Topeak "tri-bag". Heartily recommended  :thumbsup:

(I don't have a modern 10" flat-screen phone to try in it, sorry!)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 21 September, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »
I've got an Apidura one. Larger version I think. Does the job, can take a camera in there too if needs be. I prefer keeping phones/cameras in one of these though - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-front-triangle-bag-1/ Keeps it out of the way whilst still being reachable. Depends on your frame though, I suspect.

« Reply #4 on: 21 September, 2017, 12:47:59 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions.

Browsing the alpkit site reminds me; I have an old chalk bag, at one time I used it on the bars of a bike. Seems alpkit have had a similar idea. Might try that for a bit, see how well it works.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #5 on: 21 September, 2017, 03:56:10 pm »
The Alpkit Stem Cell is nice. I usually prefer it to a top tube bag, as its out of the way of my knees, but still easy to reach.
You can squeeze quite a bit of stuff in. I can fit a phone or camera, plus a thin jacket or arm warmers, plus a cereal bar etc.

Yes, not exactly cheap, but seems decent quality, and made in the UK. Maybe better value if you buy the bundle with 2 Stem Cells plus a top tube bag. Then you can put one each bike, or use them all together if you want.

IJL

« Reply #6 on: 22 September, 2017, 08:25:44 am »
I've used a both an Alpkit stem cell and one of their top tube bag's (cant recall the name but the smallest one).  Both are well made I found the stem cell good but more often use the top tube bag for Audax to hold the power supply for my Garmin.  The stem cell would fit a phone and a few munchies.