Author Topic: Anyone up for an Angus ride - first week of June?  (Read 1016 times)

Anyone up for an Angus ride - first week of June?
« on: 05 May, 2009, 04:19:37 pm »
I'm cycling from London up to Lunan Bay (Angus folks will know where I'm talking about) and wondering if anyone will be up for a ride(s) around the last weekend in May and the first week in June.  I'm willing to cycle to Arbroath/Montrose/Forfar to meet up.  I read the Angus cycle club website and may manage to hook up with one of their regular rides, especially if it comes over to the east coast. 

I'm doing LEL this year so need all the riding I can get, even during my hols!
The sound of one pannier flapping

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Anyone up for an Angus ride - first week of June?
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2009, 09:53:23 am »
I'm cycling from London up to Lunan Bay (Angus folks will know where I'm talking about) and wondering if anyone will be up for a ride(s) around the last weekend in May and the first week in June.  I'm willing to cycle to Arbroath/Montrose/Forfar to meet up.  I read the Angus cycle club website and may manage to hook up with one of their regular rides, especially if it comes over to the east coast. 

I'm doing LEL this year so need all the riding I can get, even during my hols!

Hi Toontra.
We are organising a weekend of Audaxes 6-7 June, from Kirriemuir, near Forfar  :thumbsup:
A 300 and 160 on the Saturday, a 200 and 100 on Sunday. Details on the AUK website, or PM me if you're interested in more details.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2009, 10:48:23 am »
Hi eck.  Yes, I saw those on the AUK website.  Unfortunately I leave on Saturday 6th so will miss these.  I'm around for the previous weekend and the week up to the 5th June.
The sound of one pannier flapping

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2009, 11:22:34 am »
Hi eck.  Yes, I saw those on the AUK website.  Unfortunately I leave on Saturday 6th so will miss these.  I'm around for the previous weekend and the week up to the 5th June.
That's a shame.
The Angus CC website still hasn't been updated with the new runs list.  ::-). But it should be any day now.
There is an off road ride on Saturday 30th and a scenic ride up Glen Isla to Spittal of Glenshee on Sunday 31. We also have Wednesday evening rides - usually to the pub, but we are hoping to get something a bit more "sporting" going soon too. Our rides leave from the Lochside Leisure Centre in Forfar, Sundays 9 for 9.15, Weds 7pm.
Some of us also swan around during the week as well: PM me and we'll get you fixed up !  :thumbsup:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.