Author Topic: Spiuk shoes  (Read 1087 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
Spiuk shoes
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:21:52 am »
Some Spiuk ZS15RC shoes arrived for me last night, along with a couple of other bits. 

The important thing to note is the sizing.  I normally take 44 in any kind of shoe, and am fairly likely to drop down to 43 - my current Specialized road shoes are 44 and fit fine.  These Spiuks are 45 and I definitely made the right choice.  If you're buying Spiuk shoes, size up. 

I haven't ridden them yet but so far, they look really good.  They're a lightweight pair of carbon-soled summer road shoes for a little over a hundred quid, which is a lot less than you'd expect to pay for an equivalent pair of shoes from most other brands.  Adjustment is via two twisty Atop ratchets, which was a selling point for me: my feet are a bit wonky and I'm always adjusting my shoes, so I wanted some shoes that had zero velcro fastenings so I could adjust them all under lightweight overshoes.  These were the only shoes that had full ratchet closure at this price point, so we'll see how I get on.

They aren't the sort of shoes you'd want to plug through mud in the deep midwinter - especially in white like I've got them - but I'm looking forward to getting some miles in and reporting back on them.  I've put them on and so far they seem comfortable, but only time and miles will tell.
Latest tour journal: Bucharest to Berlin

Re: Spiuk shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:27 pm »
I know this post is a little old but i have two pairs of Spiuk shoes one MTB pair which i have used a hell of a lot and a road pair can't fault them although as the OP stated they are on the small size.
Eddington Number 75

Re: Spiuk shoes
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »
Have road and mtb carbon sole Spiuk shoes, used to use Sidi but were a very snug fit.
The Spiuks are a better fit and are still going strong bought them 2010.
Only fault is if you miss clicking in with the mtb shoe the carbon sole slides on the pedal.
Have Lake as well but the lake has a rubber strip behind the cleat and this stops the shoe sliding.