Author Topic: Craghoppers  (Read 1416 times)

Craghoppers
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »
Bought a couple of Kiwi trousers today together with two shirts. Most disappointed to see that the accountants have been at it again. The material has changed, we will see, belt loops are now single not doubled up, pocket depths appear to be more shallow. Why change a good format? CH may not be first port of call in future.
'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

Martin John Rees.

Re: Craghoppers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:02:37 pm »
They are all at it. Rohan now use cheap netting for pockets in many of their trousers, which wears through in no time, and I refuse to buy those. Paramo is an alternative.

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:58:29 pm »
Aaaarggh,  shallow pockets!

How the heck can that save any  measurable amount of money?!?

My 3-4yo Kiwis are just about OK in the pocket dept. Shan't be buying new flavour without real-world trial ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 11:07:28 pm »
Even worse, they seem to have discontinued the Pro Stretch trousers in purple. :'(

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:09:31 pm »
Even worse, they seem to have discontinued the Pro Stretch trousers in purple. :'(
That's terrible! I do love my pro stretch ones (not purple). 
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:26:55 pm »
Aaaarggh,  shallow pockets!

How the heck can that save any  measurable amount of money?!?

It's to encourage you to buy handbags, apparently.
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:50:06 pm »
I've had three orders over the years, long pockets, short pockets and most recently long pockets again.

YPMV
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 10:55:32 am »
Bugger.  I've been meaning to order another pair of Kiwi trousers.  Where can I still find some with the old specification?
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:38 pm »
Bugger.  I've been meaning to order another pair of Kiwi trousers.  Where can I still find some with the old specification?

Possibly Here?

Just had some Regatta trousers from them. They've done the same with the Action II. The latest version looks like bandage compared to the originals - you can see your hand thru' it in some lights. Also fewer pockets and lighter zips. These are the originals and were really cheap too.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:21:59 am »
Happens all the time doesn't it. You find something you like and then they go and change the spec. Grrrr.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 02:32:08 pm »
OR, if you are 'R*g*tt*', you offshore production, make it all from cheaper materials and charge more for it.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »
Thanks for the link, Torslanda.  I'll give em a go.  Now to decide leg length.  My current ones are unfashionably short.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:04 pm »
The new version has eight pockets compared to the old's nine - making it easy to tell which is which from seller's descriptions ...hopefully, if the descriptions I've read are correct.

Slightly cheaper here (accounting for postage): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191372609622

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:37 am »
I've now received the trousers from the above source.  They're slightly different from my older ones - with partially elasticated waist and possibly slightly different material* - but they have the same pockets.  It's (nearly) all about the pockets with Craghoppers, innit.  I'm very happy with the purchase.  :thumbsup:

So it seems there have been at least three versions of the Kiwi Classics, perhaps many more.

* Might seem different just because it's new and unwashed.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:31 pm »
The new version has eight pockets compared to the old's nine - making it easy to tell which is which from seller's descriptions ...hopefully, if the descriptions I've read are correct.

Craghoppers are onto you - their description now says 'multiple pockets'. I have about 8 pairs of them - not  surprisingly I haven't bought any recently.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 11:37:06 pm »
I bought two pairs not long ago - one normal and one zip-off.  The former have a partially elasticated waist, the latter don't.  Also the second time I wore the former, the fscking button came off.

Bah!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime