Author Topic: groundeffect.co.nz  (Read 6599 times)

Regulator

• Got a thing for rubber...
Re: groundeffect.co.nz
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:03 am »
Another packet of goodies arrived today (ordered last Thursday - so a damn good turnaround :thumbsup:

I now am the proud possessor of a Frosty Boy, 3 pairs of Lucifers (which weren't quite as expected but I'll see how I get on with them) and a pair of Chipolatas.

I shall have to find a way of smuggling them home without Mr R realising....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 12:37:23 pm »
The lucifers are a bit weird, but I wore some on the last FNRTTC and they were fine. Have been put to use mtbing as well when there is a nip in the air...
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 04:41:02 pm »
I put an order into GroundEffect a month or two back, and it received it with their normal efficiency.  I just got a $30 voucher by email, so I suspect that another order will be going in shortly (probably the reason for the voucher!).  Interestingly there doesn't seem to be many limitations on use, just that I have to use it within one month.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »
Sterling has lost about 30% of it's value against the NZD since I last ordered from Ground Effect a couple of years ago.   The Ranchsliders trousers are very good for commuting or general winter use, though.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »
I ordered a pair of the Short Cuts 3/4 length shorts as a christmas pressie for my other half on 6th December. They hadn't arrived by 31st December, so I contacted them and they sent out another pair. (I'm inclined to think that the hold up was due to the adverse weather conditions and/or plain bad luck.) Both pairs arrived in the same day, early January (I forget the exact date). My other half tried one pair and decided that she didn't like them, so we shipped both pairs back to NZ with a note explaining why they weren't suitable. Today I have received an email informing me that the goods have arrived back in NZ, and that they have refunded me the cost of the pair that I originally ordered, plus my postage costs.

I call this good service. Well done Ground Effect.

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:26 am »
There arent many companies in the UK that will refund your postage costs so really a  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
Do you get stung for VAT and a Royal Mail handling charge? Last time I ordered some t-shirts from the antipodes I did. VAT is fair enough but I thought a handling charge was what postage was. Or are they charging you for charging you?  >:(

There was a time when they took UK VAT off before charging you, but I don't think they do that anymore  :(

The packages tend to be very small, squidgy and inocuous, which may be the reason why I've never got done for customs/handling on any of the orders I've had from them

I can remember three different arangements:

Firstly they charged NZ VAT equivalent. After a while people moaned that as it was an export this wasn't due, so they changed to

Secondly, knocked the NZ VAT off

Both of these meant that UK VAT was due on entry, depending on whether or not it was picked up (I doubt that "is it small and squidgy?" is a part of the selection process). If it was there was also the dubious charge levied by the mail company as a fee for collecting the tax, so they switched to

Currently, charging UK VAT and presumably remitting it to the EU. Now everyone pays the VAT but no parcelforce charges.

All in all they sell good kit and are nice people to deal with. The current exchange rate is not quite as attractive as it was a few years ago though.

I got a B52 jersey from Ground Effect for Christmas. Today a bill for import (and fees for dealing with) arrived in Mrs Dan's post. It was about £20, which was about half the value of the order. They do warn of this on the web site, but it's a bit embarrassing as I suggested it based on previous (IIRC) charged in advance arrangements and the extra made it a fairly expensive jersey.

Jersey is still very nice, and although in the "summer" range, quite comfortable over a l/s base layer the other day.