Author Topic: Bolle Silium clear lens glasses bargain of the Century £7 yes £7!!!  (Read 1069 times)

These are safety glasses but they are top quality; metal framed and absolutely perfect for cycling  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VDWMYI/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

had them a couple of months; they only mist up in really warm rain; you can get a case for a couple of squid too  :thumbsup:

Re: Bolle Silium clear lens glasses bargain of the Century
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 03:38:20 pm »
I agree and am pleased with mine

50% plus of the higher cost of most glasses is because of the marketing and sponsorship cost of having the pros use them  (but I still enjoy my Rudy Projects for "best")

Re: Bolle Silium clear lens glasses bargain of the Century
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:26 pm »
I have been using these - and the other lens versions - for cycling over the past four or five years (and other glasses as well, to be fair) . They are very good indeed for the money - and if you lose/break  them it ain't that big a deal. The Bolle website explains what different lenses are available. Highly recommended.

As always with the big on-line websellers, watch what you actually pay - some sellers try it on and ask around £40 for these (plus postage!!)   

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: Bolle Silium clear lens glasses bargain of the Century £7 yes £7!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:03:30 pm »
I've put this 'up' before on YACF, but can't remember where exactly, so it here it is again:
Bolle glasses website.

Useful I hope.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:34:29 pm »
Great name. Bolly Sillyum glasses. Worth buying for that alone.
Pleasure spreads out on the map and the knapsack is full of joy.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »
Thanks for the tip off Martin. I bought a clear pair for night rides and a slightly tinted pair for dull days or rides that start in the sunshine but end after dark. Good fit and great quality for the price, none of the distortion that one accepts with cheap aldi/lidl cycling glasses.