Author Topic: Sealskinz Sea Leopard waterproof gloves ... not  (Read 602 times)

Sealskinz Sea Leopard waterproof gloves ... not
« on: February 05, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
Bought these gloves last summer in readiness for winter.

I suffer a bit from cold hands, particularly in the wet so thought these Sealskinz gloves would be a good buy based on their supposed waterproof-ness.

I've now used them on two occasions in the wet. First time was before xmas. My hands were cold and wet. I realised that my jacket cuffs were not completely over the gloves so I put the wetness down to that.

Second time was last weekend. This time I made sure that  my Goretex jacket cuffs were over the glove cuffs fully to keep the rain out. They managed to keep my hands dry for about 30mins before I started to get that damp-cold feeling in my fingers. After an hour and a half my hands couldn't take any more so found a cafe to warm them up. The inside of the gloves were sodden (is that a word??). Putting them back on again to ride home was horrible. The lining was all over the place. Took 5mins to get them back on, finger by finger.

Anyway, my opinion - avoid. My search continues for warm dry winter gloves.

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
Re: Sealskinz Sea Leopard waterproof gloves ... not
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »
Gloves are going to get wet from sweat if you cycle in them, regardless of their waterproofing.  The best you can do is wear silk liners, which feel drier.

The inverting lining thing is an annoying feature of SealSkinz.
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)