Author Topic: On St Lucys`s Eve 200  (Read 13887 times)

Re: On St Lucys`s Eve 200
« Reply #25 on: 13 December, 2015, 09:10:21 am »
Hi

Just got home from doing ride took me 10.5 hours

ride was great if a bit wet well done john

Oggy

well done, wasn`t it windy too? had tremendous gusts in mid Wales, near gale force at times; went to walk up to Elan valley dams, WOW water crashing over dams, spray blowing everywhere, for me made right decision to not cycle though. DIY sounds an interesting idea but would have be a w/e  wouldn`t it due to weekday traffic?
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #26 on: 13 December, 2015, 11:42:05 am »
It was windy, rather stiff before the turn. Useful on the return when cold wet muscles were failing badly. Great ride despite the suffering, roads relatively quiet and both cafes excellent. Thanks John.

« Reply #27 on: 13 December, 2015, 11:59:43 am »
Well done to all who did this ride, I think I did the right thing by wimping out based on my Blackpool ride on Thursday, fitness not yet up to scratch.

Again chapeau to all

« Reply #28 on: 13 December, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »

Controller's kit for 6 hours on rain-lashed Raven Cafe bomb-site car park:-

1. Figgy pudding (remains only)
2. Regular cups of "coffee".
3. Spicy ginger cordial to welcome riders.
4. Harmonica to do same to John Perrin, with on the move version of "Silent Night".  (Ukulele deemed too dangerous after dark.)
5. Book of mawkish but seasonal tales to while away the hours waiting for riders to pour themselves home.
6. Coloured lights to be colourful.

Well done, everyone!

JayP

• You must be joking
« Reply #29 on: 17 October, 2016, 12:18:03 pm »
BUMP!

St Lucy's Brevet  200km    Saturday 10th December 2016

Same deal as last year. Entry on the line.  Just send me an email if you're coming - and another if you later change your mind. Then just turn up at The Raven between 7 and 8am on Sat' 10th December with the right money - three pound coins.

BUT

The event is not on the Calendar - because I've been idle and missed the deadline - So I'm in the process of setting it up as a group perm.

This makes no difference to riders except that your card will be a perm card.
It does make a difference to me in that I have to rely on this post and word of mouth to get the message out. Any help/support in that way would be much appreciated :P

View the route here  http://www.gpxeditor.co.uk/routes2/users/jayp/STLUCY

Download the gpx here http://www.gpxeditor.co.uk/routes2/users/jayp/STLUCY/download

Download the route-sheet (pdf) here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByvZhS8FXnqWOVNhZkhvN20zbjA/view?usp=sharing

Edit; I've just noticed there are no 200's on the calendar for the weekend 10/11th December

« Reply #30 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:08:26 pm »
I will spread the word on facebook! It is in my diary for card stamping in Dolgellau :thumbsup:

« Reply #31 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:31:17 pm »
I enjoyed this aquatic adventure last year and subject to obtaining a pass will ride again, although I think I'll steer clear of that cordial if Peter brings it again, my word that stuff clears you out!

Lee Killestein

« Reply #32 on: 17 October, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »
I will spread the word on facebook! It is in my diary for card stamping in Dolgellau :thumbsup:

Last BR before Christmas and a chance to visit Dolgellau for a warm welcome, in my diary too now!

Bairn Again

« Reply #33 on: 17 October, 2016, 03:46:16 pm »
Im looking to keep the scoreboard ticking over with at least 4 pts / month Oct-Nov-Dec-Feb so could be tempted. 

Will keep an eye on this.

Thanks for the prompt

« Reply #34 on: 17 October, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »
Was looking for this in the calendar the other day! Thought it started at Broken Cross though :facepalm: will be a long day out!

« Reply #35 on: 17 October, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »
Looking to enter but will be nearer time before can confirm
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

JayP

• You must be joking
« Reply #36 on: 28 November, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
BUMP!

St Lucy's Brevet  200km    Saturday 10th December 2016

Same deal as last year. Entry on the line.  Just send me an email if you're coming - and another if you later change your mind. Then just turn up at The Raven between 7 and 8am on Sat' 10th December with the right money - three pound coins.

BUT

The event is not on the Calendar - because I've been idle and missed the deadline - So I'm in the process of setting it up as a group perm.

This makes no difference to riders except that your card will be a perm card.
It does make a difference to me in that I have to rely on this post and word of mouth to get the message out. Any help/support in that way would be much appreciated :P

View the route here  http://www.gpxeditor.co.uk/routes2/users/jayp/STLUCY

Download the gpx here http://www.gpxeditor.co.uk/routes2/users/jayp/STLUCY/download

Download the route-sheet (pdf) here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByvZhS8FXnqWOVNhZkhvN20zbjA/view?usp=sharing

Edit; I've just noticed there are no 200's on the calendar for the weekend 10/11th December

RE-BUMP

Looking good for the Weekend after next - the only show in town :)
Let me know if you're coming.

« Reply #37 on: 28 November, 2016, 10:19:51 pm »
... The event is not on the Calendar - because I've been idle and missed the deadline

Is this the same John Perrin recently awarded the Organiser's Trophy?  You've let yourself go!

« Reply #38 on: 04 December, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »
So, is anyone riding this on Saturday then, or is it just JP all on his own?  Sorry, JayP.  I can't make it, sadly, although my latest RRTY campaign would suggest that this would be a good idea.  For the time of year, the weather looks OK with a following wind for the return leg.

Lee Killestein

« Reply #39 on: 04 December, 2016, 09:36:30 pm »
So, is anyone riding this on Saturday then, or is it just JP all on his own?  Sorry, JayP.  I can't make it, sadly, although my latest RRTY campaign would suggest that this would be a good idea.  For the time of year, the weather looks OK with a following wind for the return leg.

Well, it'll be at least me and JP then!

Bairdy

• Former Pints Champion
« Reply #40 on: 04 December, 2016, 10:28:16 pm »

There's a chance I'll be there, I can incorporate a visit to family into the weekend.
"And I been up to my neck in pleasure
              Up to my neck in pain"

JayP

• You must be joking
« Reply #41 on: 04 December, 2016, 10:46:34 pm »

There's a chance I'll be there, I can incorporate a visit to family into the weekend.

Thanks for your concern chaps. 15 promises &  56 (thanks Bairdy) provisional.

Paul and Alismed will be doing stickering duty at The house of Good Eating in Dolgellau and Pete Bond (Lord of the Strings) will be pulling them at the Raven. :D

Bairn Again

« Reply #42 on: 06 December, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »
I am going to do a DIY instead this Saturday  Need to be home for visitors Sat pm

« Reply #43 on: 07 December, 2016, 10:22:26 am »
Pass granted, mojo hunted down and beaten into submission.  :thumbsup:

Planet X Paul

• The Green Machine
« Reply #44 on: 08 December, 2016, 12:55:46 pm »
I intend being there.  Looks like it's going to be crowded  ;D

« Reply #45 on: 11 December, 2016, 07:48:30 am »
Going to have to have a think about where this all went so right, my fastest 200 I think, reckon it might have been the shortbread, I love shortbread  :thumbsup:

Thanks all.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #46 on: 11 December, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »
Shortbread is excellent Audax food, combining sugar, starch and fat in a palatable, pannier-hardy, compact format...

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #47 on: 11 December, 2016, 07:22:05 pm »
Shortbread is excellent Audax food, combining sugar, starch and fat in a palatable, pannier-hardy, compact format...
had to read that twice. First reading had me imagining a pannier sized piece of shortbread.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #48 on: 11 December, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »
200 grams of shortbread: 1,000kcal in a cuboid measuring 9 x 3 x 15cm. What's not to like?

Bairn Again

« Reply #49 on: 11 December, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »
Shortbread is excellent Audax food....

I recall the Only For Softies 600 in 2011.  Day Two about 7am and I'm flagging.  Myself and Eck pull into a petrol station in Grangemouth. A packet of shortbread, a strong coffee and a spicy chicken pastie later and I'm feeling like a million dollars.  I credit the shortbread.