Author Topic: What did you have for breakfast?  (Read 79788 times)

essexian

Re: What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #50 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:09:54 am »
Nothing yet as I am waiting for SWMBO to get up but then our normal Saturday morning non fried fry up...yummmmmm.... ;D

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #51 on: 29 October, 2011, 08:54:59 am »
This morning we are having porridge, when the rest of the house decides to crawl out of their respective pits...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #52 on: 29 October, 2011, 12:19:10 pm »
For some reason I ran the last two posts together in my mind and ended up with fried porridge. Now there's something I won't be trying. In all likelihood.

I had eggs which were halfway between scrambled and omelette with courgette, red peppers and garlic. And pasta!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #53 on: 29 January, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »
No milk in the house this morning, so couldn't have porridge, which was what I really wanted. No bread either and I didn't fancy eggs (had some yesterday) so instead I soaked some muesli in apple juice. It was good.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #54 on: 29 January, 2012, 08:44:49 pm »
No milk in the house this morning, so couldn't have porridge, which was what I really wanted. No bread either and I didn't fancy eggs (had some yesterday) so instead I soaked some muesli in apple juice. It was good.

One of my favourites, which I haven't had for ages, is to soak some dried fruit overnight in water then use it in the (the fruit) in my cereal, and the soaking liquid to wet said cereal.

Works best with Granola and dried fruit that tastes of something, i.e. not dried apple.  Does not work with dried bananananananananana
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #55 on: 29 January, 2012, 08:54:09 pm »
Talking of banana, we've got in the fridge right now some juice which is apple, carrot and bananananana. Tastes good, but god knows how many banas they must need, the things have hardly any juice in them. Mind you, it is only 9% bana.

« Reply #56 on: 29 January, 2012, 09:02:26 pm »
muesli in apple juice. It was good.

That's what I had - but with granola.

My normal breakfast is porridge soaked in apple juice (soaked overnight - I make 2 or 3 days worth at a time), with a spoonful or two of natural yoghurt, some fresh blueberries, and some toasted flaked almonds. I have that nearly every day, varying the fruit. 

« Reply #57 on: 29 January, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »
a gentle hangover this morning, so the worlds best bacon with scrambled eggs.  Nom.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #58 on: 29 January, 2012, 09:19:37 pm »
If I'm not cycling I have toast & thick cut marmalade.If I'm cycling I@ll hace porridge with bananna & honey

fuzzy

« Reply #59 on: 30 January, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
Still off the bike after my off Friday before last so no breakfast yet. I will have some toas and yeast extract soon.

LindaG

« Reply #60 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:01:46 am »
Chopped mango and banana, mixed with peach yoghurt.  Nom.

And COFFEE.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #61 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:11:38 am »
Porridge and half spoon honey.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #62 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:18:03 am »
The supermarket own-brand equivalent of Ready-brek, with a spoonful of Nutella and a liberal sprinking of cinnamon. Om and nom.

When Rob realised the additions to my breakfast, he said 'You've even turned your breakfast into a pudding'...

LindaG

« Reply #63 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:19:03 am »
The supermarket own-brand equivalent of Ready-brek, with a spoonful of Nutella and a liberal sprinking of cinnamon. Om and nom.

When Rob realised the additions to my breakfast, he said 'You've even turned your breakfast into a pudding'...

:D :D

Mmmm, pudding!

« Reply #64 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:42:14 am »
tea and banana followed by another tea

« Reply #65 on: 30 January, 2012, 12:16:36 pm »
porridge
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #66 on: 30 January, 2012, 04:32:52 pm »
Scrambled egg and mushrooms and tomato and beans on toast.

And COFFEE.

My mate ang took me out for brekkie  :thumbsup:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #67 on: 30 January, 2012, 04:48:14 pm »
For some reason I ran the last two posts together in my mind and ended up with fried porridge. Now there's something I won't be trying. In all likelihood.

One of my favourite morning food treats is breakfast pancakes - oats, milk, eggs and chopped bacon mixed into a thick batter and cooked on the griddle. It's essentially a cross between a fry-up and porridge and it's truly delicious. Try it - you might like it!

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #68 on: 30 January, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »
My normal breakfast is porridge soaked in apple juice (soaked overnight - I make 2 or 3 days worth at a time), with a spoonful or two of natural yoghurt, some fresh blueberries, and some toasted flaked almonds. I have that nearly every day, varying the fruit.

That's very similar to my usual breakfast - porridge made with water but with cooked apple mixed in, topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of toasted almonds. Sometimes have blueberries or cherries as well as/instead of apple.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #69 on: 30 January, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »

One of my favourite morning food treats is breakfast pancakes - oats, milk, eggs and chopped bacon mixed into a thick batter and cooked on the griddle. It's essentially a cross between a fry-up and porridge and it's truly delicious. Try it - you might like it!

d.
I think I might - but without the bacon.

LindaG

« Reply #70 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:20:55 am »
Fat toast with Wowbagger marmalade on it.

Wow, indeed.  Absolutely delicious.  But I think it's put hairs on my chest.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #71 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:48:33 am »
"Wowbagger marmalade" ... Wrinkly skin is natural, but even it resembles orange peel that's no reason to cook the poor chap!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #72 on: 01 February, 2012, 05:21:20 pm »
Fat toast with Wowbagger marmalade on it.

Wow, indeed.  Absolutely delicious.  But I think it's put hairs on my chest.

TTIUWP
 :demon:

« Reply #73 on: 01 February, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »
Porridge with dates, cinnamon & honey.
Toast & 2x espresso.
Mmmmm.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #74 on: 03 February, 2012, 12:45:04 pm »
My "breakfast" this "morning" was three quarters of a jam doughnut eaten at about ten-thirty. It had gone a bit dry because it had been on the table since before four o'clock when Little and Mrs Cudzo had left for their early morning flight.