Author Topic: "Are you blind?"  (Read 1455 times)

Pete

"Are you blind?"
« on: 29 August, 2008, 01:39:01 pm »
That's all I said - in a perfectly calm, even-tenored voice, not a shout - to this old geezer who tried to pull into a roundabout across my path, just now.  He was pulling a light trailer, which would have made an 'encounter' that much more interesting.  He genuinely hadn't seen me and the horrified, startled look on his face worried me for an instant - he must have been in his late seventies and just then my thought went 'heart attack?'...

But - what the hell - I'm not far short of sixty, myself.  I'm so used to this sort of incident, it's so commonplace, that I never venture onto a roundabout without expecting it, nowadays.  I could have stopped before hitting him, if need be.

I merely slowly shook my head and cycled on...  I feel good about not having actually shouted or mouthed obscenities (as I so often do).

Tiger

Re: "Are you blind?"
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2008, 02:52:15 pm »
I was in a taxi that pulled onto a Marble Arch just missing a cyclist. 'Are you blind' screamed cyclist - and then reached into the cab and threw the cabbies glasses into the road where they were squashed.
Then the cabbie was blind.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
Re: "Are you blind?"
« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2008, 03:24:45 pm »
Nasty moment, even if you have predicted it.

Hopefully the driver will take a bit more time to look next time.  ::-)

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart