Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 209002 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #825 on: 31 December, 2017, 06:16:36 pm »
One asleep on the cat tree while the other is sleeping on my feet.

If I move my feet someone gets very unhappy.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #826 on: 31 December, 2017, 06:27:13 pm »
Snoring in my sleeping bag as we hide away from the noise in the sky in the campervan on a Yorkshire hill. Happy New year to the lot of you
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #827 on: 17 February, 2018, 10:25:58 am »
Five minutes ago: one of the labs was lying down in the garden with sleet lashing about him. Gave me a WTF look when I called him in and stopped off for a pee on the way.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #828 on: 02 March, 2018, 03:49:26 pm »
Some snow slid down the roof and made a loud noise. The kittehs didn't like it.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #829 on: 02 March, 2018, 05:14:07 pm »
Pete has spent quite a while on the bedroom floor, under the radiator with his head on the skirting board.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #830 on: 02 March, 2018, 07:25:42 pm »
Big Tom comes in for FOOD but has not eaten much today.
Blackie slunk off after breakfast yesterday and has not yet reappeared.
David is worried.

ian

« Reply #831 on: 02 March, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »
Multi-level annoyance. Bad Cat was sick at 4.15am. LMC was sick at 4.30 pm. They've poop-o-geddoned the litter tray. Bad Cat tried to pull the grill off the top of the radiator this morning. Then she moved around the living room by pulling herself along on her back under all the furniture. She's done this eight times. They had a twenty minute fight over who could have the honour of sitting in a cardboard box that is too small for either of them.

Just go out in the snow. You don't have this problem with snow leopards #firstworldfelines.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #832 on: 02 March, 2018, 08:58:00 pm »
Ours don't hang about the house for long and David is worried sick about Blackie's welfare.

I reckon she'll be OK and return here before too long, but it is a worry!

ian

« Reply #833 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:20:36 pm »
Cats might not like it, but they're fine in the cold. Feral domestic cats survive in far colder climates than the UK.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #834 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:26:13 pm »
I keep telling this to David. Big Tom is now in the house having had a Big Feed but Blackie is still AWOL. Exterior thermometer is reading -0.3C and there's a thick blanket of SNO.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #835 on: 02 March, 2018, 10:14:47 pm »
Being pissed off with me.  Ages ago we booked a hair cut for Megan.  Early March we thought,that'll be fine for the winter coat to go.  Completely forgot about it until the groomer turned up..
This evening's walk went quicker than normal.  Meg rushing round not stopping to sniff anything.  Quick wee and then fuuuuuuuk! Let's get home!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #836 on: 03 March, 2018, 08:28:41 am »
Rolling in the snow, both of them. Crazy mutts.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #837 on: 07 March, 2018, 07:12:10 pm »
Snoozing. Poor girl had a fright this afternoon. I was on a conference call and she was in the back garden when the pack from the local hunt jumped the wall and came piling through driving her ahead of them. I heard the hunt and ran out but Tilly was gone.
Shouted and whistled and a few minutes later she came running back form the front of the house shaking with her tail between her legs. Didnt want to go out again all afternoon.
The hunt hounds had to go through another back garden before they could jump the wall into ours.
Haven't seen hide nor hair of the hunt master, they know their  dogs have been crashing through a village and the gardens.
I don'y even have that strong a feeling about blood sports but the people involved seem to be real pricks with no common courtesy.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #838 on: 09 March, 2018, 02:31:41 pm »
Blackie and Big Tom were both neutered on 30 January.
Blackie went AWOL in the snow on 28 February but reappeared today.
To say say Big Tom is pleased to see Blackie is an understatement.

He has mounted her at least four times.

Blackie seems none too pleased!

???

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #839 on: 09 March, 2018, 04:43:13 pm »
They are both under David's 'run-off' shed now.
It's a VERY tight squeeze for Big Tom.
They are sheltered from the rain.
There's no space for Big Tom to mount Blackie, which is a win for her...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #840 on: 10 March, 2018, 03:52:17 pm »
My dryer is broken so I have towels hanging from a clotheshorse. Pete is using it as a fort.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #841 on: 10 March, 2018, 04:07:21 pm »
Thankfully Blackie showed no interest in the rack of towels drying in our lounge. She stayed peacefully in the lounge last night, disturbing nothing.
Think she's relieved she's not getting molested constantly.

Have not seen Big Tom since 3am.

Blackie is somewhere in the house and has fed well.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #842 on: 10 March, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »
Generally a cat's interest in laundry peaks when it's clean, dry and neatly folded.  And is generally proportional to the colour contrast between the item on the top of the pile and the cat's fur.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #843 on: 10 March, 2018, 05:46:01 pm »
Folded laundry is usually place atop a table, where Blackie has shown scant interest.
She previously tugged at anything hanging downwards but doesn't seem interested now.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #844 on: 13 March, 2018, 07:57:50 pm »
Last night was the first night that both cats have stayed in the house overnight.
They were quieter this time than previously.
We had a caller at the door before we emerged from our pit and Big Tom followed David but didn't appear to leave the house.
I got up an hour later, observed Blackie in David's study, seemingly awake but disinclined to move.

Big Tom was nowhere to be found. David searched whole house and did not see him.

Blackie finally came down for food round 6pm. Around 7pm, I heard Big Tom somewhere around the front of the house. He must have been lodging silently somewhere in the hall all day!

I live with an observant astronomer, who has very good hearing.
Apparently.

essexian

« Reply #845 on: 15 March, 2018, 12:08:04 pm »
Just been into the house to get a cup of tea.... I work in a "Luxury Cabin" in the garden.....(okay, is a shed but its warm and has internet connection so I am going to big it up)....

Doing a quick check, I note that Petal is sleeping on the table, Posie and Elma are on their electric blanket  while Pixie is on the back of the sofa as normal. Back in my cabin, Jamise is asleep on my desk... well I have had a couple of complex cases to audit today so he is tired from the hard work.

All well and good...that's all our cats accounted for...... but what's this.... Lord Rayner the semi stray (we think he is housed as he is an old cat with very good manners)  is asleep on our spare bed.... The Ginger Winger is asleep on the chest of draws, while Eric our Stray has moved in from the Summer House to have a sleep on our bed.....

So that's seven cats in the house and one on my desk.....No wonder it costs me upwards of £40 a week in cat food!  :facepalm:

ian

« Reply #846 on: 15 March, 2018, 03:11:40 pm »
I nearly stepped on Bad Cat as I opened the blinds this morning. She'd wedged herself into the gap under the radiator in my wife's office (presumably because she made turn up the radiator while she was working at home through the 'snow' last week). Literally wedged to maximize her heat absorption profile.

Her usual morning pose is stretch from the living room windowsill to the back of the sofa, suspending herself like a fat fluffy suspension bridge over the radiator.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #847 on: 15 March, 2018, 04:45:06 pm »
Cats seem to have VANISHED!

David last saw Big Tom under my desk upstairs, at about 1pm today.

Blackie came down for food around midday then wandered round house.

Cleaner say she's not seen any cats, anywhere in house.
I've not seen any escape through kitchen door.

No doubt they'll reappear..

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #848 on: 15 March, 2018, 04:49:08 pm »
Sounds like they've got the hang of quantum tunnelling.  Important cat skill, that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #849 on: 15 March, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »
Unsure if cats are of the Schrödinger or Cheshire variety...