Author Topic: Should we be discussing the Flatlands collision ?  (Read 6593 times)

Re: Should we be discussing the Flatlands collision ?
« Reply #25 on: 15 September, 2017, 07:47:06 am »

Indeed.

Following conversations with the families of the victims, I have been asked not to divulge names or to comment on this terrible incident, which I am of course respecting.

In due course I shall be submitting an accident report to AUK.

Apart from being actually hit by a car, being the organiser for an event on which something untoward happens is probably the next worst thing!  I'm sure we all hope you are coping ok with the extra stresses and time demands that this will have inevitably caused you.

« Reply #26 on: 15 September, 2017, 09:33:55 am »

Indeed.

Following conversations with the families of the victims, I have been asked not to divulge names or to comment on this terrible incident, which I am of course respecting.

In due course I shall be submitting an accident report to AUK.

Apart from being actually hit by a car, being the organiser for an event on which something untoward happens is probably the next worst thing!  I'm sure we all hope you are coping ok with the extra stresses and time demands that this will have inevitably caused you.

+ 1

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #27 on: 15 September, 2017, 10:15:06 am »
Tomsk .. you have my supportive thoughts for you and your family handling the fall out from this ghastly accident, as you have both the legalities to cope with as well as the emotional links with the riders and their families.

I appreciate that if the families do not wish to have names disclosed.. so be it.. but could you let us know how those in hospital are doing.. how serious were their injuries , and how are they doing? They may not be individuals that I know , but they are likely to be names that I recognise .. so even if they are not named , I still feel  very involved in supporting them and wishing them all the best as they start the recovery process.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #28 on: 15 September, 2017, 10:39:29 am »
Tomsk .. you have my supportive thoughts for you and your family handling the fall out from this ghastly accident, as you have both the legalities to cope with as well as the emotional links with the riders and their families.

I appreciate that if the families do not wish to have names disclosed.. so be it.. but could you let us know how those in hospital are doing.. how serious were their injuries , and how are they doing? They may not be individuals that I know , but they are likely to be names that I recognise .. so even if they are not named , I still feel  very involved in supporting them and wishing them all the best as they start the recovery process.

I echo the first  of sentiments.

The second is private - not for disclosure.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.