Author Topic: Halloween Hundred, 28 October  (Read 1453 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Halloween Hundred, 28 October
« on: 30 September, 2023, 08:14:59 am »
This looks interesting, who's in? 🎃
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Re: Halloween Hundred, 28 October
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2023, 03:47:46 pm »
Me, and at least one of my pals from The Most Glamourous Cycling Club in Angus™. (You should see the other lot.)

This will be my first audax since about 2020. I shall be appearing as The Ghost of Audax Past.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2023, 04:36:34 pm »
Interesting, we have friends in Fife that we haven't seen for a while, maybe we should invite ourselves up for the weekend.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #3 on: 02 October, 2023, 11:13:37 am »
My ghost looks forward to seeing yous on route somewhere. (I guess that's the ghost of audax en ecosse present)

« Reply #4 on: 02 October, 2023, 12:09:06 pm »
Aye, i've entered
@CorbieLinnRider

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #5 on: 02 October, 2023, 01:40:10 pm »
I may have to inquire of Mr Bait as to whether he'd be willing to drop me at Montrose at an ungodly hour of the morning. I shall see how my knee is at the start of next week.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #6 on: 04 October, 2023, 07:58:20 pm »
Thank you all, and glad to see the interest in the event! We have just under 10 spaces remaining and entries close on Sunday 9 October.

For those of you further afield, I'm happy to share some of the inspiration behind this and hope it encourages further efforts in your regions. I've long admired the Dartmoor Devil (from very far away) and wanted something similar in flavour up here in Scotland.It's a serviceable route between ruined abbeys (Lindores, Balmerino, St Andrews), two splending Gothich Revival sites (chapel, ruined stately home); morthouses (2 good examples on route); historic cemeteries and a village which does excellent Halloween decorations. Cafe start and pub finish.

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #7 on: 04 October, 2023, 09:49:54 pm »
Would have loved this but I'm booked up to have afternoon tea to mark my mums 95th birthday. 

Another time (though they tell me that Dunfermline is very much like Halloween all year round)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #8 on: 27 October, 2023, 08:00:43 am »
Weather looking tasty, as hopefully the soup will be. I'll be in a seasonal orange top with black Btwin.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #9 on: 29 October, 2023, 11:28:26 pm »
Thanks to Joseph for organising a great event. I think I came back with more snacks than I set out with, and the slightly grim conditions in the morning turned into a tailwind run back from Crail with some lovely late afternoon sunshine.

Abdie Morthouse, with the vegan brownie snatchers providing sterling service on control duty.

I thought it was better to get someone to check the depth first, before I risked it.

"New Ghoston" getting into the spirit of things. I think this is for Halloween and not just another day in Fife.

Autumnal colours on the run back to Ladybank.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #10 on: 30 October, 2023, 02:05:32 pm »
Thanks to Joseph for organising a great event. I think I came back with more snacks than I set out with, and the slightly grim conditions in the morning turned into a tailwind run back from Crail with some lovely late afternoon sunshine.

Abdie Morthouse, with the vegan brownie snatchers providing sterling service on control duty.

Brownie Snatchers!
Wi wur meant tae be the guards!
Also, I forgot my tie.

« Reply #11 on: 30 October, 2023, 02:23:39 pm »
A cracking route, even the weather couldn't spoil.

Thanks to all those involved in the running of the event.

Hopefully it will be back on the calendar next Halloween
@CorbieLinnRider

sam

« Reply #12 on: 30 October, 2023, 02:39:49 pm »
"New Ghoston" getting into the spirit of things. I think this is for Halloween and not just another day in Fife.

Can I just say, sterling captioning service.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #13 on: 30 October, 2023, 04:24:49 pm »
Would have loved this but I'm booked up to have afternoon tea to mark my mums 95th birthday. 

Another time (though they tell me that Dunfermline is very much like Halloween all year round)

I believe the route did not cross the dividing line and stayed in the bit of Fife that is not just Edinburgh on Roids.