Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 209006 times)

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1125 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:11:55 am »
We ended up taking away the puppy pee mats away and since then she has stopped peeing on the floor and obviously can't destroy the mats! I am new to the whole thing and puppies are even more confusing than babies.

I would love my wife to cook me a pastry of some sort to ease the pain but she doesn't do flour... I might get a curry if I am lucky. ;)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1126 on: 18 February, 2019, 01:10:14 pm »
It'll pass, but for a good while I wanted to see the back of our two.

BTW, that kitchen table in my photo there? They ate it.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1127 on: 19 February, 2019, 08:57:37 pm »
Tom is sleeping with Henry.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1128 on: 19 February, 2019, 09:03:32 pm »
Ooh belleh.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1129 on: 19 February, 2019, 09:07:37 pm »
That's remarkably relaxed for so close to the Evil Monster That Eats Kittehs.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1130 on: 19 February, 2019, 09:18:10 pm »
Well Henry IS asleep...

Behind Tom is the bathroom door and Tom's sleeping in a position he favours most nights.

Getting to the bathroom without bladder or feline mishap is a challenge...

« Reply #1131 on: 19 February, 2019, 09:18:46 pm »

Oblig. dank Dune meme: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hBqK0XoAACG14.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1132 on: 19 February, 2019, 09:25:52 pm »

Oblig. dank Dune meme: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hBqK0XoAACG14.jpg

;D ;D ;D

ian

« Reply #1133 on: 25 February, 2019, 11:02:08 am »
Bad Cat is looking unwell, not sure what she's been up to. She didn't come down to annoy us yesterday evening or for her food (which is very, very unusual), instead she curled up under the radiator in my wife's office and didn't budge.

She did come and say hello in the night and came down for brekkie this morning and is drinking, but still seems a bit lethargic and is sprawled on the sofa looking a bit sorry for herself. That might be anthropomorphism though, it's not like her sprawling on the sofa for most of the day is a new thing.

Hopefully she'll perk up soon, she's supposed to be in the cattery tomorrow as we off on holiday for a week and my wife is already at an advanced level of fretting about this.

menthel

« Reply #1134 on: 25 February, 2019, 11:06:57 am »
Solid poos! The pup has been moved onto a raw food diet and her bowel issues have basically been cured overnight. She does seem to have even more energy as well, although that may be a less welcome side effect as she already had enough as it was!

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1135 on: 25 February, 2019, 11:30:24 am »
Coming round.

Just been to the vet for a tooth extraction and a clean and polish, I keep telling her to floss but it's worse than teenagers...

ian

« Reply #1136 on: 25 February, 2019, 01:58:54 pm »
Found the remains of a pigeon by the back door, which might explain things. I doubt Bad Cat killed it, she came in covered in mud last night, so it was probably pre-deceased and recovered from the undergrowth and chewed on a bit. Foxes seem to have demolished the rest to leave two wings and a lot of feathers.

She did indulge in a big bad bitey-fight with my hand earlier, so hopefully that means she's feeling better.

« Reply #1137 on: 26 February, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »
Watching me clean the pump on her water fountain.  First World Problems, Zeppy.
She will now go out and have a drink from the river

ian

« Reply #1138 on: 26 February, 2019, 04:34:46 pm »
Bad Cat is better, which is good. I think overindulgence on overripe dead pigeon might have been to blame.

Alas, off to the cattery they have gone. Bad Cat is easy to catch, once you grab her she goes floppy, LMC goes mental the moment she hears a door close. Because She Knows that's the prelude to a capture. On this occasion (and not for the first time), and with other escape routes closed, she tried to shelter from the evil humans and their nefarious intent by hiding in her cat carrier.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1139 on: 26 February, 2019, 05:53:33 pm »
Glad Bad Cat is better.
Ninkasi now thinks that if we come home from work at the same time she's going to the cattery and hides behind the sofa, even when she's not.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #1140 on: 26 February, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »
LMC generally assumes any aberrant behaviour from the humans is a potential Capture Event. Claws? Check. Enhanced squiggleability: engaged. Panic mode: 11.

« Reply #1141 on: 07 March, 2019, 08:35:01 am »
Hiding. For some reason, our last cat was terrified of the window cleaners, and always disappeared when they announced their arrival with the clanging of ladders.  It seems the new one is exactly the same - but with better hearing, so she disappeared outside before my wife heard the window cleaners arrive. A psychic cat!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1142 on: 12 March, 2019, 01:39:30 pm »
Taking a definite dislike to Storm Gareth.

Big Tom is usually a hefty plodder, who spends most of his time relaxing in the ambience of our abode.

After a generous breakfast and lengthy post-prandial observation pause on the mat by the cat flap he popped out.

His return was at lightning speed. I've seldom seen him move so fast!

Now idling on the hall carpet.

menthel

« Reply #1143 on: 12 March, 2019, 08:07:49 pm »
Currently having a full on whippet puppy zoomie. Everything that is not nailed down has been stolen and taken back to her bed and the squeaky ball has been squeaked nearly to death. Hopefully she will curl up in the sofa in a minute...

fuzzy

« Reply #1144 on: 05 April, 2019, 11:49:23 am »
Willow is sitting on the arm of the chair waiting for a lapse in my concentration so she can curl up on the laptop keyboard.

« Reply #1145 on: 05 April, 2019, 02:24:08 pm »
Mainly Tilly has been snoozing this morning. Four days at the kennels has worn her out. This afternoon she is starting to recover a bit. She likes the kennels but it always tires her out, all that time with other dogs to play with and adjusting and sorting out her place in a temporary pack I think.

She also keeps looking at the place where a beech hedge divided the garden into two (we had landscape gardeners remove it whist she was away) and then looking at us as if to say "see when I'm not here to guard the house people come and steal the hedge !
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1146 on: 15 April, 2019, 10:53:19 am »
Erasmus called Raz, the larger chocolate lab, is flaked out flat on the bedroom rug with his bro after a nerve-racking trip to the vet - he hates riding in the car, especially when his bro stays home. Anyway, visit was for chronic bronchitis but the vet suspects a hormonal balance problem, since the muscles above his eyes are wasted. It can be expected to spread to the rest of his muscles, slowly we hope. Should have analysis results this afternoon.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1147 on: 15 April, 2019, 01:51:59 pm »
First results suggest Cushing's syndrome, i.e. overproduction of cortisol due to either a pituitary or adrenal tumour. The tumour is usually benign but the syndrome isn't: with treatment he'll have 30-36 months to live, going on averages. He's already 9 so it's still quite a good innings for a Lab. The way I'm going we might pop our clogs together.

Have to take him in again later this week so that they can do more blood tests.   Good thing we're insured.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #1148 on: 15 April, 2019, 03:02:03 pm »
sending hugs to you both.

essexian

« Reply #1149 on: 16 April, 2019, 12:18:48 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

Purrdee the kitten is now resting after completing my training this morning. As I overslept she woke me by meowing for food and not stopping until I was up and had provided breakfast.

It only took her six months but I am fully under her control now.  :facepalm: