Author Topic: tnaR - the that's not a rant thread for non-cycling issues  (Read 1170 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
tnaR - the that's not a rant thread for non-cycling issues
« on: 17 September, 2013, 05:44:08 pm »
You know all those people who say Royal Mail are awful and posties are all useless? I've been expecting a packet for the past week and was starting to wonder where it had got to. Today the postie had left a card which says "Just back from hols and there is a recorded for you but it says Return. Do you know about it?" and he left his personal mobile number for me to ring him. I don't know why it hasn't been delivered, except postie on holiday = temporary cover = increased rate of errors, but how great is that service from the regular postie? You don't get that from TNT and the like. I rang him, he's delivering it tomorrow, and I think I will make him some biscuits as a thank you for going above and beyond.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: tnaR - the that's not a rant thread for non-cycling issues
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »
Aaaah :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Ruth

« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »
That really made me smile  :D

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3 on: 17 September, 2013, 06:28:27 pm »
The buggers made me teach* today, even tho I iz lurgied.

And the kids were all lovely and listened and worked hard and, in the second class, looked on with expressions of enlightenment as I showed them _why_ the save icon in every bit of software they use looks like _that_ and then demonstrated by unfettling one into component parts why a floppy is called a floppy.

And then the lunchtime club wandered in to wait for their teacher and greeted me with "Kat!  We missed you!".

Bah.  Humbug.  ;)

*technically I'm actually "supporting teaching and learning" but that doesn't sound as sympathy-inducing.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 29 June, 2019, 01:02:10 pm »
David's birthday is on 1 July.
I asked him yesterday afternoon if he'd like anything.
He suggested an Apple Pencil so I ordered this.
We decided against any pricy delivery options and were given a delivery date of Wednesday 3 July initially, the Tuesday 2 July.
Received a dispatch email last night, followed by confirmatory text SMS.
Had three text messages from Royal Mail this morning, two stating delivery likely between 09.11 and 11.11.
Delivered at 10.11.