Author Topic: Bikes in hotel rooms  (Read 19978 times)

Re: Bikes in hotel rooms
« Reply #50 on: 27 January, 2020, 12:43:26 pm »
I stayed on business in Edinburgh once - client’s choice of posh hotel. As I was there for a week I took a bike. There was no hotel car park ( deal with local public parking) so I didn’t fancy doing my usual leave bike in car.
I contacted the hotel in advance. When I booked in they said “ oh, you’ve got a bike to store” They placed it carefully behind 24 hour reception.
After work next day, got changed for a ride. Went to collect bike - not there!
Quickly told that the handyman had spotted the bike and had taken it to his cave for even safer storage. “ we hope you don’t mind, but he says it’s a really nice bike, so he’s cleaned and polished it during his breaks”  it turns out he was a cycling fan.

« Reply #51 on: 27 January, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »

PremierInn at Wrexham North.

(Slack chain was dealt as I was in the process of removing the mudguards.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #52 on: 27 January, 2020, 08:02:01 pm »
Nice ... you don't get a track-pump and workstand at Travelodge. Well worth the extra, I'd say  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Phil W

« Reply #53 on: 27 January, 2020, 08:22:07 pm »
Like others I don’t ask. I just wheel the bike in.

« Reply #54 on: 27 January, 2020, 09:03:11 pm »
Last year I used the Travelodge at Darlington before an event but according to the receptionist they'd had some issues with a recent cycling event where bikes had been allowed in rooms. They were happy to store the bikes in a locked area behind reception though and this was fine but capacity looked to be about 4 bikes at most. Not sure what they would have done had there been more bikes.

I’ve taken my bike into countless Travelodge rooms and they’ve never said a word. Apart from the one in Darlington a year ago where they said something about having rooms damaged by a recent group that stayed...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: 27 January, 2020, 09:08:38 pm »
Gran Canaria
IMG_20200122_083545 by The Pingus, on Flickr
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #56 on: 27 January, 2020, 09:55:15 pm »
I've checked and though it might seem an obvious title, Bikes in the Bedroom does not form part of the panoply that is Animal Ark. I suppose I'm not the best judge, though, as I always thought Spider in the Sink and Bunnie on the Barbie were obvious choices, too.