Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 68473 times)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #350 on: 27 May, 2016, 09:28:52 pm »
So will he turn into one of those zombies?

:(
Milk please, no sugar.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #351 on: 31 May, 2016, 11:37:39 am »
Slowest episode so far in my opinion.

However ...

(click to show/hide)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #352 on: 31 May, 2016, 12:37:59 pm »

However ...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #353 on: 31 May, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »

However ...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #354 on: 31 May, 2016, 02:22:14 pm »

It's all relative. Just think of it as the calm before the storm apocalypse.

However ...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #355 on: 31 May, 2016, 02:41:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

fuzzy

« Reply #356 on: 31 May, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »
I so wanted Sam to tell his old man to FRO!

caerau

« Reply #357 on: 31 May, 2016, 04:21:43 pm »
Well I think he'll get the message  :demon: :thumbsup:

[ooh it's nice to not have to talk behind a spoiler thing :) )

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #358 on: 31 May, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »
I agree, they couldn't have telegraphed it any more obviously...

I disagree, but then I haven't read the books, so I'm not bringing outside knowledge to the discussion. I had to look up the character you're talking about and even then it wasn't clear to me that Bran's vision was a clue to her impending appearance.

Also, is it just me or is the whole Sam and Ghilly story utterly tedious? Where is it going?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #359 on: 01 June, 2016, 03:06:09 pm »
I agree, they couldn't have telegraphed it any more obviously...

I disagree, but then I haven't read the books, so I'm not bringing outside knowledge to the discussion. I had to look up the character you're talking about and even then it wasn't clear to me that Bran's vision was a clue to her impending appearance.

In fairness, Brans visions as broadcast were a series of very rapid jump-cuts to represent the 3-Eyed Crow doing a high speed data download before he was killed, so only the broad thematic stuff related to the upcoming war with the White Walkers would have stood out. However, some viewers slowed down the footage or went through it practically on frame by frame basis, and found other things mixed in that were more personally-related to the Starks, like Bran's defenestration and Cat getting her throat cut at the Red Wedding.

The scene with the Freys and Edmure Tully, Jaime being sent to Coventry Riverrun and Brienne being tasked with going south to recruit the Tullys are all signs that the show is about to pick up the last plot line left over from the books that the show hasn't caught up with. The first clue was in the LF-Sansa meeting when he let slip that Brynden Tully had recaptured Riverrun - Brienne's out of position compared with the books as a consequence of changes to Sansa's story arc, so it serves as a reason to get her back south again.

This also explains why we had the "Jaime and Bronn go to Dorne" plot line inflicted on us last season. Book!Jaime was in the Riverlands when Cersei was falling foul of the Faith Militant, but if the show was delaying Jaime going to Riverrun until this season, they needed a reason to get Jaime out of the way when Cersei was doing her Walk of Shame.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

caerau

« Reply #360 on: 06 June, 2016, 09:07:14 pm »
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #361 on: 06 June, 2016, 09:25:25 pm »
(click to show/hide)
;D

caerau

« Reply #362 on: 06 June, 2016, 09:38:00 pm »
And lord Percy Percy heir to the duchy of Northumberland!  This gets better and better

caerau

« Reply #363 on: 06 June, 2016, 10:15:41 pm »
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #364 on: 06 June, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »
Haven't seen any episodes yet. Wondering whether to jump on the bandwagon and see what all the hype is about?

« Reply #365 on: 06 June, 2016, 11:01:01 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

fuzzy

« Reply #366 on: 14 June, 2016, 01:59:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)
;D

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #367 on: 14 June, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #368 on: 14 June, 2016, 10:50:48 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #369 on: 14 June, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #371 on: 20 June, 2016, 07:53:01 pm »
Episode 9.

O M G

I have no words.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #372 on: 20 June, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
I know this won't be a popular view but while the staging/filming of the battle scene was technically impressive, in story terms, I thought it was all rather dull.

I think it's just long battle scenes that have that soporific effect on me, especially when certain characters appear to be magically invincible just because they're key to the plot, and the outcome is driven by implausible/poorly explained twists that negates any attempts at 'realism' in the way the fighting is depicted.

But, y'know, the whole bloody internet is raving about what a fantastic episode it was so I'll just shut up now and let everyone else enjoy it.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

caerau

« Reply #373 on: 20 June, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
Agreed - you can sod off  :P - I just watched it - droooooooooool! ;)

GRRM doesn't give us what we want very often - for once he did - in spades.

Bit of Battle of Cannae there for a while for those who know great historical battles.  For a horrible while I thought it would be the same outcome.

(click to show/hide)

caerau

« Reply #374 on: 20 June, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »
Technically excellent is understating it incidentally (imnsho  ;) )  - some of those battle scenes were incredible  -imo - I'm not sure I've seen it done better - possibly the opening sequence of Shaving Ryan's Privates.