Author Topic: Random advert nonsense phrases  (Read 7288 times)

Guy

• Retired
Re: Random advert nonsense phrases
« Reply #75 on: 07 March, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »
Have we had new and improved yet?

I learned as a child that 'improved' inevitably meant I wasn't going to want to eat it any more.

(Recent example: Fairy liquid.  They've 'improved' the scent, presumably for the benefit of COVID-19 sufferers.  Completely coincidentally, they've launched a new - more expensive - version without any dyes or perfumes, which I'm now doomed to buying.  Bastards.)

You eat Fairy liquid? :o
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #76 on: 07 March, 2022, 01:27:52 pm »

I learned as a child that 'improved' inevitably meant I wasn't going to want to eat it any more.

(Recent example: Fairy liquid.  They've 'improved' the scent, presumably for the benefit of COVID-19 sufferers.  Completely coincidentally, they've launched a new - more expensive - version without any dyes or perfumes, which I'm now doomed to buying.  Bastards.)

Well, Fairy Liquid is made with real lemons.
Whereas, the lemonade you've been necking, is made with lemon flavouring.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #77 on: 07 March, 2022, 01:29:40 pm »

Not any more   ;D

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #78 on: 18 March, 2022, 10:37:59 pm »
I was in Halfords yesterday. Yes, I know, don't judge me though. Anyhoo, they have some kind of scheme for flogging used, or maybe ex demo bikes.

These are promoted as "Pre - pedalled".
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #79 on: 19 March, 2022, 09:43:56 am »
Second-hand bikes would be pre-peddled TAAAW.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #80 on: 20 March, 2022, 09:05:05 am »
Banks, insurance companies etc. having "products". No, you don't, you have schemes that have only one purpose.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #81 on: 20 March, 2022, 11:22:23 am »
One I get a lot but may not technically fit is the discounts from green houses in the RHS/Grow your own magazines which have how ever many hundreds or even thousands off the price of a greenhouse. I can't afford the savings let alone the product