Author Topic: Duck or Grouse?  (Read 1787 times)

Duck or Grouse?
« on: 15 September, 2020, 03:48:01 pm »

Groups larger than six are not permitted. Unless they are grouse shooting, and the shooting is booked by a organisation.

Therefore:

Start a charity.

Charity buys multiple bottles of Famous Grouse.

Charity buys some cork-guns.

Make booking for an 'organised shoot' via the charity.

Hitting the grouse on the bottle earns you a double.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: Duck or Grouse?
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2020, 07:18:18 pm »
Shooting grouse with guns for good or bad comes under the organized sport banner.
Same thing that lets us ride Audax or CTC rides (but not stop at a café which kind of defeats the purpose of those rides)

One of the problems with breeding so many thick as feck birds for shooting, is that if you don't then shoot them you've got an even bigger mono-culture problem than the one you created by disposing of all their predators in the first place.

See also Deer, the population is rampant partly due to the lack of people shooting them 10 years ago, to a point where they're starting to cause damage to the environment since we disposed of their only other predator (wolf).
But of course most of the venison bought in shops comes from farms, which seems mad when you can pop out with a gun and collect one for feck all...
Or in my case the car. FFS.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2020, 10:00:00 pm »
Fox hunting is also legal, which demonstrating isn't. So if you want to demonstrate, go on a hawce.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2020, 12:19:53 am »
See also Deer, the population is rampant partly due to the lack of people shooting them 10 years ago, to a point where they're starting to cause damage to the environment since we disposed of their only other predator (wolf).
But of course most of the venison bought in shops comes from farms, which seems mad when you can pop out with a gun and collect one for feck all...
Or in my case the car. FFS.

Parklife by John Bartram is worth a read.

Non amazon link: https://www.waterstones.com/book/park-life/john-bartram/john-karter/9781789461053
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2020, 08:17:19 am »
One for the pot is a decent read.
Written by a former gp in the Laggan on the A86.

https://www.laggan.com/one-for-the-pot.asp

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #5 on: 19 September, 2020, 10:12:03 pm »

Groups larger than six are not permitted. Unless they are grouse shooting, and the shooting is booked by a organisation.

Therefore:

Start a charity.

Charity buys multiple bottles of Famous Grouse.

Charity buys some cork-guns.

Make booking for an 'organised shoot' via the charity.

Hitting the grouse on the bottle earns you a double.

I'm in.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #6 on: 19 September, 2020, 10:18:04 pm »
Fox hunting is also legal, which demonstrating isn't. So if you want to demonstrate, go on a hawce.

I'm not a fan of foxes, but hate the idea of fox hunting.  Even been on a fox hunt and felt sorry for fox that was killed.  That is right, some who doesn't like foxes feeling sorry for a fox.  Then again I believe if you are to kill something, either kill it to eat it or kill it as swiftly as possible.  There is no need to torture an animal.

Not a fan of urban foxes, as they have a poor life.  But then we are so wastefull that the fox can survive on our rubbish shows how wasteful we are.