Author Topic: RAPHA, taking the p**s  (Read 21612 times)

Re: RAPHA, taking the p**s
« Reply #100 on: 06 January, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »
I needed an upsize in thigh space (or stretch) on the City Trousers. Even though it was the same size as the Trousers in Clearance now, that I am happy with. I got my money back without any question. I couldn't identify why the City Trousers are £150 against the original price of £80 of the other pair though.
I am very happy with Rapha's merino base layers, they are a lot nicer than Icebreaker's, and also have a way better fit for a thin cyclist. I don't think their merino stuff is overpriced, other brands are just as expensive.
The Sky Polo is a standard mix (and fit?) of polyester and cotton, just like the 2009LEL polo. All their cycling specific clothing is speshul in some way, which explains the price difference.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

« Reply #101 on: 08 January, 2013, 09:12:10 am »
...You can't try stuff on at Lidl or Aldi either (I think you can at Decathlon) but you can touch it and inspect the seams and material, if you want to - and if it does turn out crap (and 50/50 chance IME of Aldi) those prices are a lot less to lose than Rapha. ...
Aldi will refund or replace. I bought a pair of their winter tights last autumn & found they didn't fit. I went back to try to swap 'em, but they'd sold out of the size I sought. They seemed surprised that I'd be unsure of whether they'd give me a refund. No fuss, no problem - fill in this simple form & here's your money.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #102 on: 08 January, 2013, 09:59:58 am »
Oh, and whoever said that you can't try their stuff on before buying it - with every online sale you get a return postage sticker, so it's hardly a faff or additional cost to sending stuff back to them.

Any online sale from any supplier is returnable by law.

Si_Co

« Reply #103 on: 09 January, 2013, 12:15:59 pm »
You can't try stuff on at Lidl or Aldi either (I think you can at Decathlon)

I try stuff on in Aldi and Lidl......no-one's ever said anything but I guess that explains the looks 

« Reply #104 on: 21 January, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »
I also really like their jersey downsize offer - basically (if you're a bit large) you buy a jersey, cycle lots, lose weight and need a smaller jersey, they will sell you one at half price.

Hmmm. That presupposes that you fit into their skinny little jerseys to start with.  Luckily I don't so don't have to worry about the "Is it a lot of value considering the money?" argument.

« Reply #105 on: 06 February, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »
I wish I could afford Rapha. :'( I'd really like an original softshell jacket.

I have one.  I bought it second hand from someone on here.

It's nice, looks good, but really doesn't keep the rain out any better than any other jacket I've had.  It's not too bad for breathability but in all honesty I'd never have paid the astronomical price that they wanted for one new.

I'd agree with you on that one. I once had one that I bought in the sale - I would never have paid the astronomical price they wanted for a new one - but I sold it to someone on here :-)

I recently bought the Rapha Wind Jacket in their sale, and have to say it is the most comfortable jacket I own - lightweight & completely windproof, allowing me to just where 2 layers under it even on the coldest days !
The few items I now own from Rapha ( always bought at sale time ) are good quality and look great  :thumbsup: