Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 286179 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Bloody 'orrible 'ere. 7.6°C. Wind gusting to 56kph - and that's always going to be below the true reading because our anemometer is too low. Raining.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Hail. Twice.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Hmm, wind, hail and thunder, all at once.  Oh joy..

Hail is fun.  Especially when you get it in the eyes.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Hail. Twice.

We had a hail shower that coincided perfectly with my lunchtime walk. Of course I hadn't bothered to take a coat, because it had been bright and sunny immediately beforehand (and has been since). :facepalm:

Bloody 'orrible 'ere. 7.6°C. Wind gusting to 56kph - and that's always going to be below the true reading because our anemometer is too low. Raining.

My little bit of Central to NW Essex has been dry with bright sun most of the day, all except for one brief but nasty hailstorm.  Wind has not been noticeably gusty and at the moment the small branches on my walnut tree are perfectly still so no more than a light breeze.  A colleague not 20 miles west in Herts has had a deluge all afternoon.

ian

Hail. Fastest I've seen Bad Cat move. She judged that garden adventure wrong.

A colleague not 20 miles west in Herts has had a deluge all afternoon.

Our office is in Tring, atop the hill.  The wind drove the hail so hard it completely obscured the windows that face west, only gradually sliding down as the deluge abated.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
The noise of the woods in the wind over the other side of the valley is building by the hour.  I really hate sleeping with the window closed, but I usually get used to it.
Doubt if I'll hear Wol tonight.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Stupidly windy this morning, and each heavy gust was followed by about 10 minutes of woofing on the other side of the wall.  Having gone to bed at late o'clock, I was Not Impressed.

Snow on and off today in the Pennines.
Not as strong a wind as further west, but it has been a bitterly cold one.

Basil

• Help me!
The noise of the woods in the wind over the other side of the valley is building by the hour.  I really hate sleeping with the window closed, but I usually get used to it.
Doubt if I'll hear Wol tonight.

Wrong. Wind speed now dropping. 
Hear you later Wol.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Wind's dropped somewhat in TN34 but to make up for it, it’s raining again.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Help me!
And now a beautiful, still, sunny morning.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Bloody hell, it's parky today. 9.3 degrees in the garden, dull - it may drizzle soon, with a vicious Easterly blowing everything the wrong way.

Badly misjudged the commute attire this morning - and it's getting colder as the afternoon wears on.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
I had to repair the shed roof over the weekend, as the gales last week had ripped some of the felt off.  The repair seems to be holding for now (I'm still trying to get rid of the final traces of the felt sealant from my hands and legs - that stuff gets everywhere).

I'll have to check the allotment later and make sure the cloches and new mini greenhouse are still there...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I turned the heating off last week but I've put it back on again (as opposed to 'boost'). It's so cold and miserable here the most exciting thing I've done today is remove all the protective film off the new kitchen door glass and venture to the garage for a bottle of vino collapso. Oh, and spoffle some pizza dough.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Thundering and lightninging away, sounds like God just dropped his false teeth.  All up in the hills just north of us.  There's a newish viewing platform up there that looks out over the top of the forest. They'll have a good view of it and maybe a barbecue.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Hail earlier, and now snow.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Basil

• Help me!
Boiler repair completed.  :thumbsup:
Not the best weekend and Monday to be without any hot water or heating with a 3 week old baby in the house.
Gosh, it was cold today.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Today I shall be driving home from Pembrokeshire where the weather has been mostly pleasant, but not warm.

When we drove here on Friday, it was almost non-stop rain.

My weather station in Saarfend reported 25 hours’ non-stop rain up to 6am yesterday.

Checking it just now, it seems we had a wet night with a minimum temperature of 2°C.

This year we have recorded the driest February and the wettest March on record. Are we up for the coldest, wettest April?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cold but brilliant sunshine atm here.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Sunny in E17 too.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Wet, wall to wall.

Basil

• Help me!
Day spent by the sea.  :D