Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: Audax UK Reunion
« Last post by telstarbox on Today at 01:43:51 pm »
It would be useful if the Audax.uk page said where the reunion is :)
I have sent an email to bhoot our MEM sec showing what I can see.   
I have a father and daughter who have done my Greenways audax each year. He uses e-brevet but she loves the info’s.  She is now 18.  I’d be careful about saying one age group wants this, and another wants that. I offer traditional and modern and let the rider choose.

Yes.

And "old-fashioned" brevet cards + stamps have proven very popular (and photogenic!) on the Transcontinental Race.
fully stamped brevet cards are the best.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 01:30:49 pm »
Half drained the CH, cut the leaking pipe below the damage, and removed the old radiator.

Then spent an hour and a half prising tiles off the walls.  They are going to need skimming before re-tiling as some plaster has come off.  Bah.  That puts the project back until I find a plasterer, although I will leave the old bath in until it's done, so I am still functional (just no showers, and only the downstairs bog and basin).
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mobbsy on Today at 01:14:20 pm »
Fire Water Burn - Bloodhound Gang
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 01:11:36 pm »
On the plus side he’s probably the coolest teacher in school at the moment
Health & Fitness / Re: Whooping cough
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 12:54:58 pm »
I'm afraid this is very much down to the anti-vaxxers, as is the increase in measles deaths.
It’s still there Wycombewheeler under EventNo.

under event number 24-195

I get "Sorry, no results found. Please amend your search criteria and try again"

I don't know if you are accessing the old site directly somehow
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 12:43:21 pm »
Yebbut I'm pleased to say that Victoria Park, being in Not Brum, is now pretty much car-free.
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:41:50 pm »
Yes, there's a large gravel area (which AIUI covers some sort of drainage infrastructure) at the other end of Cannon Hill Park that's routinely used for hosting funfairs and Teletubbies Peppa Sodding Pig In The Night Garden Live events, which gets re-purposed as a car park in the event of the Commonwealth Games or (more commonly) Cricket.  That's properly marshalled and is effectively Out Of The Way of people doing normal park things.

(There's an area of Calthorpe Park that also gets turned into a car park for cricketers, which seems even more gratuitous.)

More usually, when there's an outbreak of decent weather, the locals flock to the roads around Cannon Hill Park to circle and hoot, before eventually finding somewhere to pavement-park.  It would probably be quicker to walk, but if we're going to apply that sort of logic the Hagley Road wouldn't exist.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10